Tomos Streetmate R tuning

Hey, I have a 2008 Tomos Streetmate R A55 trying to figure out what size main jet I need for the Carb in my 70cc kit. My bike barley hits 40 and this kit should be getting at least 45 on it. Not sure if this will fix my issues but who knows. Let me know what I should do and if anyone else has experienced this problem in the past..

Re: Tomos Streetmate R tuning

Overpriced Parts /

No one jet size fits all, it all depends on what air filter and exhaust pipe/chamber you’re running,

Buy a range of main jets bigger and smaller than the one that’s in there and try the one that works the best,

Make needle clip selections on carb needle until one works the best, you may need atomizer and idle jet changes too so find the one that works the best, regear rear gearing until one works the best for overall all around takeoff and top speed, experiment and have fun🏍

Overpriced Parts /

rear sprocket? put on a 22 rear. or a 27 front. or both to keep rpms down.

Email lance campeau... he can help.

What a great bike! Love it!

Thank you! It wasn’t well maintained when I got it but I’ve put a lot of work into her and she runs great. Very fun to ride.

Almost positive the rear sprocket is a 24 but I’ll have to check tomorrow.

That is a great looking bike, not many Tomos where I live, (MN) odd, I wish I could see one irl.

I know a guy selling one a town up from me in New Jersey, pretty solid bike but has been worked on a lot.

This is his... not mine.

5BA92CE1-3745-4F7F-9BCF-5E65159644F0.jpeg

My 2005 StreetMate has hardly ever needed any work. They are very dependable.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account