Help me date my Peugeot 104

this is what's stamped on the neck area. i see a 76 maybe?

IMG_20200526_191145.jpg

Re: Help me date my Peugeot 104

i suggest you start with flowers, wine, and a croissant at a nice outdoor restaurant.

then consider taking like 5 more pictures and posting them here in case the VIN number isnt enough

solid advice

IMG-0867.jpg
IMG_20200526_190611.jpg

Whoah what the hell is that Malaguti in the background? That thing's sick

Omg yes more of that Malaguti CH80 please!!!

The Malaguti went to QCB. I'm sure the new owner will post some photos soon. He really does his bikes up and this ones looking dreamy.

20200415_172113.jpg

I might have a receipt on that 104 from the import. I'll dig through my emails a little more.

I'm not sure wine and flowers will do the trick. She a real looker and just might be out of your league.

Nice looking Pug

Dating a French bike - so get a wicker basket, baguette, red wine, radishes, some sausage thing, mystery meat pate, and some stinky cheese. Wear your barret and a striped shirt, a cheesey thin mustache for the perfect look and talk in a frenchie accent...

Frenchpicnic.jpg

OR

Look on the bowl of the Gurtner carburetor - it will be stamped D12G-724 x 00/00 - D12 being the bore of 12mm, G being gauche or left bore, 724 is model number, x is the production line, 00/00 is month and year of production. Accurate if it is original carb. (edited)

Pushrod Fifty /

Dont expect WOT on the first date.

see! simply posting a picture that shows the "104" badge on the front, i was able to google and find a french wikipedia page with link to other pages with MOAR info

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_104_(cyclomoteur )

i suggest google chrome and google translate, works best on a PC/Laptop

that page has no information about dating, and I did read it before posting here.

rebelmoby provided the information I'll need.

also I read all the pages it links to :)

According to the seller we purchased it from, it's a 1974. They're not always correct though so I'd cross check that against the info Rebel Moby posted.

thanks Blake. Going to pop the carb off today to check that.

Looks like the carburetor dating is 01/73 so with Blake's info it's likely a 73 or 74. Case mostly closed.

IMG_20200529_150737.jpg

Its a 1973 then, dealers often would draw up docs for a bike based on the year sold, not the manufacture year of the bike.

> Joey P Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looks like the carburetor dating is 01/73 so with Blake's info it's

> likely a 73 or 74. Case mostly closed.

nice thanks so much for your help Rebel

Lotta tupperware on those. The blue doesn't seem to age as well...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account