Re: Minarelli V1 Transmission Oil

motor oil does not eat rubber, but the added DETERGENT in them does

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

What specific formula of rubber is eaten by detergent?

You do realize seals aren't made of the same rubber as your tires or a rubber band right

Yes. Viton is OK but detergents have been known to break down and cause cracking on the older ones

Just avoid detergents and ethanol when you can. It will take years for the effect, but I keep my shit for decades, and ask around, my peds run for a VERY long time

Dirty30 Dillon /

We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Let the clutches burn and the seals go. It's all part of the game.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Even the most basic seals are not "just rubber"

There are different chemical formulations to various rubbers and I'd like you to be very precise and tell me which chemical formula of rubber is susceptible to degradation and which chemicals will degrade it

Then I'll believe you

Update: Did some carb tuning and drained out the fluid for straight type F, feels really nice now. Not really sure how well the Type F and Gear Oil was mixing because it was foamy when drained and didnt seem right, oils probably had a different base.

Just going to copy what Puch engines do and run type F, feels really nice so far.

I think trans fluid is more than enough to keep it lubricated as well. Im sure even Mercon V will work well.

Do not use mercon, dextrin type in your tranny. They have abrasive friction modifyers and will eat up your clutch.

Thanks for letting me know. As of right now I run Type F and it seems to run really nicely, clutch runs much cooler too due to less slip. I will probably get blue springs too so the clutch will engage later because with thinner fluid it engages sooner.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account