Darik Klepper injured - hit and run

Cincinnati moped rider Darik Klepper was hit by a red ford pickup truck yeasteday while Darik was making a left turn. The pickup stopped then drove around him while he was lying on the road. They found his mangled Tomos two miles away being dragged by the truck. The crash was caught on video and shown on the local news. Darik is in serious condition after having "life threatening injuries".

Police found the truck but not yet the driver.

I know Darik through mopeds. I bought a tomos from him serveral years ago and also had him do some mechanic work on a couple mopeds. He's a good guy and I hope he gets through this OK.

I also hope they catch the driver who hit him then just drove around his body dragging his Tomos.

Re: Darik Klepper injured - hit and run

They need to throw the book at that no-good hit and runner guy. Get well,Derek!

Here's his bike - two miles later.

IMG_0950.JPG

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Does he have a go fund me page or anything? Hope he gets well soon! If he isn’t scared off from mopeds after this I’m in Cincinnati and can probably come up with some parts to fix his or another tomos up.

I saw a fund me page earlier but i cant find it now. If i find it ill update.

That driver might have gotten away for now, but he cant run from his conscience forever. The driver knew damn well the mopeder needed medical attention, and he failed to notify help, instead, he dragged the moped with his truck. Failing to notify help for someone in need of medical attention is a separate crime In many country's. Hopefully he turns him self in soon, so he can finally get some sleep.

Overpriced Parts /

photo from the scene.

Capture.PNG

Fuck, I hope he ends up OK.

Damn this sucks. Hope dude heals up and the driver gets what’s coming to them.

Pushrod Fifty /

I hope he recovers quickly. Im sure the truck is loaded with fingerprints and DNA. There alot of nasty people out there.

Thats a pre 2000 f-150 regular cab with a universal over cab rack and temp plates.

Not sure how interested in solving this the cops are but finding someone who works at the Ohio DMV would be a smart move.

I'm 100% down with crowdfunding a search and destroy mission.

39120294004_original-1.jpg
UPUT-RACK-V2.jpg

I can’t see enough of that intersection, but usually left turn has to yield to traffic.

The truck driver may not have even been at fault.

So WHY would that asshole drive away like that?

I’m guessing, if they do find the person, they will have other legal issues. Like warrants, suspended license, no legal status, stolen vehicle.

The driver, if they did own the vehicle, will likely say it was stolen.

I also hope most for the healthy recovery of Darik. It would be really nice to see the driver brought to legal justice and then sued for a shit ton.

Here's Darik on his Tomos.

darik on moped.jpg

WoW that sucks! I dead making left turns on intersections. One of the top hazards for bikers.

This was the exact opposite of how cagers USUALLY kill or maim MC and moped riders. THEY usually are turning left with no thought of the oncoming bike.

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thats a pre 2000 f-150 regular cab with a universal over cab rack and

> temp plates.

>

> Not sure how interested in solving this the cops are but finding someone

> who works at the Ohio DMV would be a smart move.

>

> I'm 100% down with crowdfunding a search and destroy mission.

> >

That accident is fucking ugly. Pretty sure the police will have no choice but to follow up after all this making the television. Let law enforcement do its job before considering any other avenues. Darik needs our help and support right now and not a bunch of renegades on "missions". (edited)

Danielle Drewry /

Hi there this is Darik's fiance. Yes we have a GoFundMe going for him and his medical needs. Thank you to whoever posted this article. He speaks highly of this Group. He is doing okay. Alot of broken bones and rods, plates and pins going in. He has his third surgery on his arm Monday and possible more to do on his knee. He has a long road of recovery and rehabilitation, but he is determined and ready to get to feeling better and hopefully we can catch this guy. The truck has been found and impounded. Still no sight of the driver yet.

If anyone would like to donate here is the campaign link. Thank you so much.

https://gf.me/u/x5hvgu (edited)

The only reason I can think is the truck driver was driving dirty. Never would have ran away from a no fault if they were legal.

The only up side is that the news people got the terminology correct. Moped/scooter.

Wow, the injuries sound horrific, but that is great news that he is doing OK! I hope they find and lock this scumbag up for a long time.

> Danielle Drewry Wrote:

> Hi there this is Darik's fiance. Yes we have a GoFundMe going for him

> and his medical needs. Thank you to whoever posted this article. He

> speaks highly of this Group. He is doing okay. Alot of broken bones and

> rods, plates and pins going in. He has his third surgery on his arm

> Monday and possible more to do on his knee. He has a long road of

> recovery and rehabilitation, but he is determined and ready to get to

> feeling better and hopefully we can catch this guy. The truck has been

> found and impounded. Still no sight of the driver yet.

>

> If anyone would like to donate here is the campaign link. Thank you so

> o much.

>

> https://gf.me/u/x5hvgu

Hope he gets well and the regains the confidence to get mopedding again. I don't know how it works in the States, but if the truck was above board, would the owner details not be registered with the title? I'm guessing that if it is taking time to get the driver, it is not that simple.

The cops knew immediately who the truck belongs to.

Ownership is not legal guilt in all accidents involving that vehicle. They have to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the person driving the vehicle is who they say it is.

If it’s the owner, he was going somewhere. Bought something. Met somebody. Going somewhere else. Called for someone to pick him up when he ditched the truck.

There will be store video, transaction receipts. Cell tower triangulation and call history. Maybe even eyewitnesses (which don’t mean much nowadays).

The cops will have to show a series of events that undeniably places a certain person in that truck, on that route, at that time.

Which takes time. I’m confident they will. However, the shitty part, when they confront the person with all this evidence, they will likely try to plead guilty to a lesser charge. Since Darik didn’t die (I know this is extra shitty) the prosecution has incentive to be more lenient.

I think the victim would do well by asking the prosecutor to go with the highest charge.

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> The only reason I can think is the truck driver was driving dirty. Never

> would have ran away from a no fault if they were legal.

>

> The only up side is that the news people got the terminology correct.

> Moped/scooter.

I think the best upside is the fact that there were witnesses and video evidence. Well, that and a group of peers for help and support.

What a horrible thing, all my best to him. Driver was most likely impaired, they hide until they sober up so they don't catch the dui part of leaving the scene of an accident charge, especially if they are repeat offenders. Since they have the truck it will get sorted out. Heal fast man, I don't know you but it could be any of us at any time, you are in my thoughts.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> > cheetahchrome . Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The only reason I can think is the truck driver was driving dirty.

> Never

>

> > would have ran away from a no fault if they were legal.

>

> >

>

> > The only up side is that the news people got the terminology correct.

>

> > Moped/scooter.

>

> I think the best upside is the fact that there were witnesses and video

> evidence. Well, that and a group of peers for help and support.

Actually the best upside is that he is alive.

What if Darik was dragged two miles along with the ped???? Attempted/involuntary man slaughter. (edited)

Danielle, Darik will recover. Have no fear about all the rods etc., medical prowess has advanced exponentially. I have more titanium in me than a bicycle, and I am 65 and still kick ass! I hope they crucify the moron that hit him, but what is really important right now is taking care of Darik. Our thoughts are with him (and you).

This is incredibly sad. Every single one of our nightmares. I hope they find this guy and prosecute him to the fullest extent. I'll be saying prayers for Darik for a fast recovery.

This brings my piss to a boil. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I hope he stacked his uninsured underinsured on his ins. Policy.

It is worth the extra cash.

Feel free to pm me. For legal advice. Gratis.

I survived 3 cager attempts on my life. I got hit and ran by a Honda oddessey 3 years ago.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Pay for copies of the accident report.

Get police officer from scene to update the incident report when they catch guy.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account