Re: Looking for someone to restore my moped

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Loving this thread.

sooo its pretty much a 102/bb with a different clutch?

People pay big money for that kind of patina. Op’s gonna have a sweet bike once all’s said and done.

Jesse Nordlander /

honestly that just about as cool as it gets.

im located near Pottstown pa, and am the lone employee at an aircraft specialty shop. am also a huge Peugeot fan. (edited)

It's back home. Brenden Black (LGN Bruiser) did an amazing job. Too much snow here in PA to take her out, but as it sits in my garage I can't stop looking at it. Happy with all of the modifications to make this a reliable weekend ride. I still have all of the original parts to keep with it. Can't wait to get out on the roads and for the quick trip into town for coffee. This thing was turning heads just driving it home in the back of my truck.

If you have a project like this, put Brenden on your list to call. He was excellent to work with, super professional, kept me in the loop constantly, guided me with recommendations, and finished with top class workmanship. (edited)

Great Job owner and restorer! And great decision not getting it painted, that original paintjob is history right there.

Dang, that came out pretty nice.

Great work Brenden!

That looks awesome....that taillight is sooo cool! Get a good lock...and a cover.

Thanks all for the kind words and thanks Erik for hyping me up. I can't wait till you get to ride it. Weaving in your lane on that rigid frame, going about 25-30, is a moment.

This bike definitely almost broke me tho and truly lived up to the stereotype of french bikes. I tried to keep the vibe of the bike, even down to shaving grade markings off of new bolts and heat treating them to antique them a bit. Almost everything is hex or flat head. I found that tailight lens on french ebay for $16 shipped which still blows my mind. The headlight bezel is from another bike that I cut and shortened to fit the smaller diameter of this headlight. I used a transval motobecane speedo lengthened the tabs and reversed the direction it runs. Also used an av7 speedo cable, one side fits beautifully the otherside had to be shaved down a bit. 16 SHA was a snug fit on that intake. I used the regular leleu sealed bearing conversion and it was no different than converting puch hubs.

@toledozero its a peugeot bb that came with the original cast iron powder clutch. Which I didn't think was real till I found an article on it. I used google to translate it.

https://www.moto-collection.org/moto-collection/fmd-moto-Peugeot-4510.htm

I used that nonvariated peugeot clutch they sell on treatland. It supposed to be for bb's and not 102's.

https://www.treatland.tv/PEUGEOT-complete-NON-VARIATED-clutch-assembly-p/peugeot-non-variated-clutch.htm

Originally the clutch needed to sit back about 20mm further on the crank. I had to keep dremeling and lapping it till it finally fit in place, held in place, and sat in line with the rear pulley. The needle bearing for the clutch had to be replaced too which I didn't catch at first. Like the new one that came with the clutch needed replace. I used your advice and ended up taking out 3 balls and running two star washers. Pretty nice take off for a 250+lbs person.

> LGN Bruiser Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> @toledozero its a peugeot bb that came with the original cast iron

> powder clutch. Which I didn't think was real till I found an article on

> it. I used google to translate it.

>

> https://www.moto-collection.org/moto-collection/fmd-moto-Peugeot-4510.htm

>

> I used that nonvariated peugeot clutch they sell on treatland. It

> supposed to be for bb's and not 102's.

>

> https://www.treatland.tv/PEUGEOT-complete-NON-VARIATED-clutch-assembly-p/peugeot-non-variated-clutch.htm

>

> Originally the clutch needed to sit back about 20mm further on the

> crank. I had to keep dremeling and lapping it till it finally fit in

> place, held in place, and sat in line with the rear pulley. The needle

> bearing for the clutch had to be replaced too which I didn't catch at

> first. Like the new one that came with the clutch needed replace. I used

> your advice and ended up taking out 3 balls and running two star

> washers. Pretty nice take off for a 250+lbs person.

Interesting that there were so many versions of that non variated clutch! Im glad the modifications helped, my 102 takes off pretty decently with them as well

looks like fun!

alain Verhee /

hello,

Very nice restauration.

Bravo

Alain from France

Hell yes! Thank you for keeping it original. The old frenchies always have a secret place in my heart.

heckkin good stuff here

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account