Messed up my knee out on the trails a few weeks ago so progress has been a little slow recently. Its running great now and coming down to the fine tuning.
As for the electronics, I switched the CDI and coil over to the oem blaster parts to eliminate issues with the MB5 parts. After doing some research about MB5 cdi options it seems like they have odd timing that isn't easily compatable with other bikes or aftermarket boxes. I also installed the Blaster 12v regulator in place of the rec/batt circuit and my lights are working perfectly.
Once I had the electrics sorted, I was having a lot of problems getting it jetted correctly on the main circuit having tried everything from the stock #230 up to a #310. Come to find out after hours of troubleshooting and forum scanning that the emulsion tube in the carb is held in place by a small washer under the main jet. Seems like they always get lost and both carbs I have were missing it, letting the emulsion tube walk out into the carb body. Found a washer that fit and it was instantly running 10x better.
The pipe is an fmf fatty and is designed as a solid trail pipe with strond low-mid power. Seems to taper off pretty easily with mellow top end. It's painted now and doesnt look half bad from 5 ft away.