Re: MB5 Engine Swapped Build

Wolf Wizard /

I was REALLY hoping for a fucking lifan haha this looks sick though man!

Cristian Luna /

This is so sick ! Getting it done quick too makes me wanna go work on my chopper

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I cant wait to see this finished! MB5's are so well built, it should handle the power just fine. Only thing I would question are the brakes. FYI Yamaha RT180's are nearly identical motors towards the blaster 200's. You might be able to use some things from an RT180 on your build such as exhaust, kicker lever, and I think some countries saw enduro models of the RT180 that would have a stator that had lighting coils. Keep us posted i want to see what happens!

I have a set of DG pipes from a Banshee i believe, not sure if that would do anything for your bike but look into it and PM me if you want to give it a try.

Nobody needs or wants another lifan build to shit on!! Its not even fun anymore.

Funny you should mention that Jimmy, I've been eying a rt180 parts bike on cl for that exact purpose. I was also thinking about chopping up 1 banshee pipe to fit since a single banshee cylinder is comparable to the blaster's. I'll hit you with a PM about those, might be next month now because I owe a bunch of money to the local PD.

> Cameron Cate Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> because I owe a bunch of money to the local PD.

You don't owe me any money , but , I'll take if you want to give it to me . ;)

Id shy away from banshee pipes on a blaster. The blaster is a low mid range bike and they totally nerfed it for noobs, where as the banshee is much more high strung beast that has more power than you could ever need. I’ve seen stock banshees with porting and pipes pushing 70hp, pretty much only rideable if you are ignorant as hell or or out in the dunes. I’m guessing 15 hp (more than double what a stock mb5 is) is where you are gonna start wrecking the comstars and over power the brakes. I think I’d probably try to under pipe it at first with something stock like.

Looks super dope though, first mb5 I’ve ever liked. (edited)

Yea that's a good point about 'shee pipes. I've seen quite a few of them but they're always far from stock and I've personally ridden one.

I'll probably chop up the MB5 pipe first just to get it going. I know I'll be leaving a lot on the table because the blaster exhaust port is like 10mm wider than the header entrance.

I got a set of pegs with mounts from a kx250f on ebay pretty cheap to replace the wonky original peg bracket. I cut the frame tabs out of some bar stock and drilled/tapped holes for the peg brackets.

20200615_175706.jpg
20200615_181045.jpg
20200615_185207.jpg

The peg position is a little higher and further back giving it a more aggressive riding position. They already feel much stronger than the original setup and they're lower profile which gives me more room under the bike for the exhaust.

20200615_204240.jpg
20200615_204253.jpg
20200615_204501.jpg

I also ditched the center stand to clear up space underneath in favor of a side stand. It's the one treats sells and it's really slick for the price. It needed a little trimming and spacing to fit just right but I like it a lot so far. New chain/sprockets and tires have got it looking really slick now.

20200615_204221.jpg

I spaced out the rear engine mount and swingarm bushings using a variety of axle spacers and washers I had laying around.

20200615_204658.jpg
20200615_204436.jpg

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Awe man, so sick. Cant wait to see it finished, and how it compares to stock

Thing should rip. I have been looking for a blaster motor for ever now on the cheap to put in an old yami I have.

I was looking for a trashed yz250f for the longest time to throw this motor in and make a badass trail beater but the mb5 came around and I couldn't resist

I have an fmf gold series exhaust on the way so this bike should be making noise within the month.

Other than that, I only need to sort the wiring out. Anyone have input on which cdi box I should use? I have full wiring for both bikes but the cdi boxes are both simple 5 wire units. I'll think I'll try the mb5 box on it so I can leave the wiring harness alone. If it works fine then I won't need to change anything.

Got the brake pedal figured out yesterday. I cut the original to peices and stuck it back together to fit around the new engine and pegs.

20200617_083730.jpg
20200617_084936.jpg
20200617_084946.jpg

Holy shit, I know I should move this to o/t but ..... Ehhhhhhh

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> Holy shit, I know I should move this to o/t but ..... Ehhhhhhh

Haha, WFFF!

Thing is fucking rad and is probably going to a joy to ride, nice work so far.

I got my exhaust for this thing in last week. I opted to find a used aftermarket blaster pipe to save myself a little headache since the cone dimensions are set up for this engine. I might have a custom one made in the future but for now it'll do just fine.

I want to keep the profile of the bike nice and skinny so I didn't really want to have the chamber hanging off the side. Since the pipe already needed to be chopped I pie-cut the hell out of it and wrapped around the front of the frame so that the stinger comes out right in front of the back tire. (edited)

20200629_185422.jpg
20200701_214533.jpg
20200701_214447.jpg

The expansion chamber is all tacked together where I want it and ready to be welded. Should be making noise tonight!

20200702_001556.jpg
20200702_001420.jpg
20200702_001658.jpg

Looks crazy, I love it

Thanks! I'm really digging it. Gets better and better the more I look at it.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Thanks! I'm really digging it. Gets better and better the more I look at it.

Completely agree! You put about the perfect motor on it in my opinion. Something fairly common and cheap to build but will completely change that bikes power.

That Golden Ratio chamber is perfect.

> Papa _ Wrote:

> That Golden Ratio chamber is perfect.

Haha "The Nautilus" lol I love this thing

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> Completely agree! You put about the perfect motor on it in my opinion.

> Something fairly common and cheap to build but will completely change

> that bikes power.

Not to mention I could double the power pretty easily with off the shelf bolt-on parts. Several ported 240 kits out there to choose from and could easliy fit a 35mm PWK carb down the road.

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> > Papa _ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > That Golden Ratio chamber is perfect.

>

> Haha "The Nautilus" lol I love this thing

Look even crazier off the bike

20200702_002318.jpg
20200702_002343.jpg

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

Well reading through this build has made my night. Seriously, this thing is super rad and your fab work is on point. Koodos.

Epic pipe. If you could get coloured heat proof paints and paint a nautilus design on and clearcoat it, that would be pipe history. Or a snail.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account