Mini bikes!

You got-em I wanna see-em! Let's stick to more common moped brands something that they would just make regularly in their line of bikes. But let's maybe see something outta this world too.

How about ones you own. We can all google some ish.

Ball rolling....

Re: Mini bikes!

Emil Kniemel /

I was hoping this thread would be about "normal" size bikes converted to be mini-size. There was that derbi in the B/S but also made me think of this bike (which i LOVE):

from this thread: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3707444,page=1

Perhaps a Derbi Variant with DS50 wheels? Has anyone done a hobbit in this style? I guess it would take more effort to relace a hobbit rear to a small rim. HMm..

Here's my champ

20200419_192012.jpg

Not sure if you mean factory mini bikes made by moped brands or just custom mini bikes people build using moped parts. I have a Carabella moto pony 60. I would like to find a puch x40/city someday. (edited)

moped-army-2ba44f41181b8e608ca3964e431b50e2.jpg

Also have a rupp I am trying to sell, although not very moped-related. (edited)

IMG_2567.JPG

Honda trail 70 & Honda CT70 oops!! (edited)

IMG_20200605_205050607.jpg
IMG_20200605_213219728.jpg
IMG_20200605_210035572.jpg

Wow, those are sharp, ^ put the stock engines back on there and they will bring big $$$$!

Engine all original except better aftermarket 19mm carb and performance coil,swingarms,exhaust,skidplate. (edited)

IMG_20200611_224333446.jpg
IMG_20200611_224450724_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Mini maxi I got off eBay for surprisingly good deal a few years ago.

^ Love it! Never seen one irl, only here, what kind of speed do you see?

My Moby X7 and Pack 2

IMG_0490.jpeg
IMG_5884.jpeg

Ľ̷̝̽͒i̶̛̼͑͠ȁ̸̧̛̽m̵̻̟̯̀̅ ̷͎̙̽̊F̶̲̺͑̓ F /

that pack 2 is awesome

I was REALLY into Rupps back in HS and wanted one until I ran into a mosquito fleet dude in Bremerton in '04. Complete shift and been into mopeds since....coulda easily been a mini bike guy if I hadn't run into that dude.

Not a moped but I rescued this one from the scrap pile a couple weeks back. Guy was about to roll it outta his truck when I was walking by, we went right from his truck to mine. They don't allow picking at our dump so it was perfect timing I guess. It's kinda rough but it was free. I have another project to finish before I get into this one but it fired with some 2t squirted into the cylinder👍.

20200321_160852.jpg

Ok I cheated these 2 bikes were from pictures I had when I was a kid and no longer own .

IMG_20200612_114240675.jpg
IMG_20200612_114342780.jpg

Great looking bikes guys! That pack2 is the best I love those little folding bikes. Like that motocomp I saw a thread about recently.

Thanks for sharing everyone keep 'em coming!

Here’s my fantic

8D7C1F64-9C1F-47DA-9A8A-EE4041EC3504.jpeg

My champ for reference

5F236C4E-D59D-47EF-970E-A5DB7D1FFA41.jpeg

TTLX Mini

IMG_2738.JPG

Love that mini tom!

Recently bought this from Will. He had built the motor and cut the mounts on the frame. My intention was to make them go together. I think I got the same end result. We cut out part of the frame, stretched it and went with a dual tube frame section that allows more carb options and could be stretched for a longer wheel base. Fortunately for me that a friend is an incredible welder and is willing to do silly stuff when asked. Started the alteration and assembly 4 days ago and I rode it today. Not all the way done but a little clutch/variator tuning and I think it will be done. Fantic LEI frame and Derbi flat reed. We started calling it a Ferbi. I’m sure you all saw it in buy/sell so here is how it turned out.

787A50C6-528B-4BF7-BD9C-B95B68EE9B73.jpeg
0B0D60C5-4AC6-4A75-B8BE-F7F4A54A8078.jpeg
6247BB26-B9CF-4777-9CC4-B15DFE922FEB.jpeg

I thought I posted this one. It is probably the most relevant of them all.

60231AF9-9146-475A-A737-C40241059C09.jpeg

Does anyone know how many x7's are in the states? It can't be many.

Great build todd!

Here's my batavus City with Airsal M1 kit, vm18, MLM pipe. Never fails to get a laugh out of at least 1 observer on any given ride

IMG_20200426_191315.jpg

Sick todd, that's incredible! the fit of the floorboard had me full whoah.

this is a sparta funny I had a while ago, was one of the 1st airsal sachs kits in the states,

super fun and actually funny. those bikes had removable front center/engine and rear sections, presumably you could mix and match

this was rob wonder's mini tomos. went to full 16" wheels but it was still tiny. I really love that bike, it's one of my top builds still:

I built this last year, it's some euro 50shifty frame that had e50 mounts welded in, and I converted to sachs with the KTM brackets. Did a bunch of silly suspension work and a whole ton of other dumb ass shit and made these minibike wheels fit. It was exxxxtra dumb and not actually small at all, but funny! like those door windows are almost shoulder high, it was as tall as a magnum and a fair bit longer.

and the only thing perhaps more ridiculous was this pile of actual garbage, trac frame, tomos motor, MTB monoshock, KX forks idiocy:

it bounced sooooo much, like 10 feet of travel.

Dos has brought in a few x7s and a fair number have made it over other ways. I have owned two. Others have popped up on MA.

Emil Kniemel /

> Todd S Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I thought I posted this one. It is probably the most relevant of them

> all.

God damn this is amazing. The split tube design will save you from a lot of carb-fitment and/or long noodle intakes. Good shit. I will save this for reference as my magnum/derbi isnt this clever.

Thanks. The floorboard was not negotiable. It had to be part of the bike. It was kind of how the split tube design came up. It is a lot of fun to ride. Definitely going to need taller bars because all 6'2" of me is a bit too big for it.

This thread is great. I love little bikes.

I am sad that I hot rid of my magX frame now, and I had bought a tomos mx50 rolling frame from someone on here but when I got it the frame was obviously bent. Like some one landed a jump hard and wrong and it kinked the frame a bit. Could not for the life of me bend it back.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account