1979 Puch TriRad Ice Cream vendor

A guy locally is selling this Puch Ice Cream Vendor moped. Says he was going to restore it and engine did/does run beautifully and refrigerator is in good shape. He wants $1000 for it. I know NOTHING about Mopeds, but this thing caught my eye. From what I can tell it must be fairly rare? It's hard to find any for sale or that have sold to compare. Anyways, is $1k a fair asking price? Is it worth less? More? It would need to be a heck of a deal for me to buy it, as I'm not really knowledgeable in repairing/restoring Mopeds. Thanks!!

Re: 1979 Puch TriRad Ice Cream vendor

Overpriced Parts /

If you’re not knowledgeable the answer would be no way Avoid it like the plague.

I don’t think that thing is a True TriRad either, it looks like a Tiny front wheel 1977 or older maxi frame Grafted on that abomination cooler

Wesley Ambrosini /

It doesn't even have a motor

That cooler looks huge!

If one is into pedophilia, think of all the kiddies you could attract vending ice cream and all the parents you could outrun with a kitted ZA50 on that bad boy. The fridge could maybe even haul a small body or two...

All kidding aside, what is one going to do with it other than go into the ice cream business in a major city or set up a Puch trike? Even without a motor, a Puch trike ought to be worth a few hundred dollars alone. I bought a Pryer rear end from a Batavus for $350 several years ago.

I definitely hope someone snatches that up rather that let it get scrapped.

He has the motor, but it's currently off the bike and in his garage. Either way, point taken. It doesn't seem a worthwhile project since I don't know much about them. Thanks for the advice!!

The rear end may have been a true tri-rad at one time but maybe modified to put the cooler on the back. The rear mags fit the setup. $1000 is a little high. But someone on here is selling just the tri-rad pieces for $750, and that is just the rear frame and wheels, no bike frame or motor... it is up to you on what worth is.... this is pretty close to worth it to me. But I would be super hard inspecting that rear end for problems.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

FBI has joined the chat

The rear end, including cooler, is a legit tri rad. The frame/front wheel are not. The frame should be chopped to fit the ice cream cooler and the front wheel should match the rear and the decals shouldn't say Puch, they should say tri rad. I also don't think any tri rads were made that color. (edited)

Info-Three-Wheeler-3-600x786.jpg

^ OMG SHOW PIZZA VENDOR

I think 1k is not out of line. Most people on here think that a non running ped is worth $200. I'm pretty sure that this had the bones of a tri rad and I would snag it. Looks pretty cool. If it were close I would get it. You could possibly make money with it.

Tweaker trash /

Fuck that buy an electric bike! Check this guy out!

HeS hauling a truck load of stuff

Pushrod Fifty /

You can buy a good running moped for way under 1000.

Drop a grand, throw a kit and cut a fender. It is just a moped.

Mopeds are worth as much as you are willing to pay. If you want it then buy it.

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That cooler looks huge!

>

> If one is into pedophilia, think of all the kiddies you could attract

> vending ice cream and all the parents you could outrun with a kitted

> ZA50 on that bad boy. The fridge could maybe even haul a small body or

> two...

giphy-53.gif
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account