Oil

So I have a cimatti city bike and want to know what’s the best oil to run in it, I live in California and finding non detergent oil is a no go, I’ve looked into ordering it but even then majority of the places won’t ship to cali. I found a place that has some mineral oil but I didn’t want to take the risk without consulting the army. Appreciate all advice and input In Advance.

Re: Oil

Recently picked up a cimatti city bike and it recommends running non detergent oil but here in California that’s unheard of to the point where they won’t ship it either, I found a spot that has mineral oil is that my solution?

image.jpg

Ace hardware. 30w ND in stock all the time for about 3 bucks. It's used in big air compressors and other industrial engines.

Every Ace hardware I've walked into in southern California has it.

You only need to run ND oil in transmissions that use rubber clutches. The only bikes I know like that are garelli. Cant you use a standard motor oil in a minirelli? Like the puch tranny?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Minarelli motors call for ND-20w oil. Most people use ND-30w due to the limited availability of ND-20w.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account