Hey all

Trenton Kidder /

So I’m new to the community. I don’t have a moped but I just picked up a 2020 Taotao Atm50-A1. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these. What kind of oil I should use and such.

20B1970D-C93E-4C7A-9305-4844082F4838.jpeg
5F185FB2-F032-4396-A19B-55E197CC7745.jpeg

Re: Hey all

Yeah this isn't the right forum, you're gonna get flamed for buying a Taotao. We don't do 4 stroke scooters here, try a scooter forum, good luck!

Try over at 49ccscoot. This is a vintage two stroke pedal moped forum.

Search Puch maxi and you'll see what we ride.

^^ This, we rock these....nothing wrong with scooters, but Taotao kind of suck, sell it, and if you like scooters, buy a Honda, a Vespa, a Yamaha or a Kymco. Or if you can find one a Hyosung, they are two stroke! :)

198.jpg

I don't hate on scooters, but many here do, try Scootdawg.com. Chinese bikes lack the quality of Japanese, Korean and Italian models. Best of luck.

`Tiny- tired' lil `pothole divers' need not apply. LOL!

You already have it so to save you some pain maybe ....change out the fuel lines....the gas here eats them from the inside and they stop your carb up....second keep a check on your valve settings...i have seen them cause problems with less than 200 miles .

Pushrod Fifty /

Yea you know any average size pothole will endo the thing and you'll be fucked for the rest of the summer. Good advice to sell it and get a moped, much safer, cooler and you can buy speed goodies for it if you really want to have fun.

I failed to mention above also....if your carb does get clogged don't let them tell you it can't be taken apart to clean...the bowl.on some look as if rivets are holding it on...those are screws with the head intentionally broken off....take a dremal and cut a flat screwdriver slot,then replace with normal screws....

Pushrod Fifty /

Proprietary Chinese technology inside, those rivet things are there to prevent copying of the design, only Imperial scooter ministry personell have the special tool to open it.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Proprietary Chinese technology inside, those rivet things are there to

> prevent copying of the design, only Imperial scooter ministry personell

> have the special tool to open it.

Lol! You're on two wheels so we have that in common. Next time research before making a purchase and you will have better end results. My opinion would be to get it going and sell it. Then look for something with better quality and support.

Joshua Carpenter /

try discord, moped discord is scooter friendly, and ofc the scooter discord..tho they are a bit...edgy like 12 year old deviant art edgey but knowledgeable DM me if you want invite links but also can be found via reddit

Overpriced Parts /

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account