Re: Cheep China bike engine w/ centrifugal clutch

I figure, with a little effort those engines can be usable. The one I had worked. It just was really loud and vibrated too much. The clutch was a real weak point.

That’s why I was asking specifically in the original post about the engine w/ centrifugal clutch. Not the bump-start 1 speed ones.

I haven’t seen one of those critters, in person, and it sounds like nobody on here has either.

I had one Irode for a few months. Things would break or crack off and I'd wind up hard mounting and wiring things. I pretty completely hated it because I was always doing some shit to unfuck it, but honestly I bet if i'd kept it it woulda lasted - like you start breaking and remedying all the weak links until there's no weak links yet. I mightve been getting close to that point.

The one thing that never seemed to be really long term fixable was the clutches, the dry manual engagement ones, it'd roast or unthread or the arm would get stuck or whatever dumb shit but it was constantly a problem and never lasted. I dunno that I ever got that totally sorted, but in this motor's case, the clutches seem possibly not so bad.

honestly even the morini had clutch issues; i mean it's designed to launch a 50lb kid outta the hole shot once per race, not stop and go WOT blasting with a 200lb adult

Just an update to this thread. Amazon now sells the

China E50

with electric and pull start for $299

That’s a wet clutch, reduction gear, 80cc case. And a bunch of sketchy electronics and shit that, in the hands of someone capable, can probably be made to work.

Most of this chinese stuff is fine. No quality control often means the buyer has to take everything apart and finish it before use.

I have too many things started right now to do one of these at the moment. Just wanted to share for any crazy people that love painful adventures.

E9A168C9-23B5-44E6-8B8A-C1C2FF2BF7CF.jpeg

Man id much rather get one of the original Russian rega/Reva? Motors these are based on. Highly regret not picking one up on eBay in the early 2000's when they were available and cheapo.

This one certainly looks like fun, but I'd be worried that, and it looks like...they just kept slapping mods on the same old Chinese grubee motor.

Built one once, and the manual clutch was the best feature. Couldn't imagine one without it.

For that price I'd pick up a Chinese ktm 50 motor

I don’t want to keep bumping this with no actual new info, so I’ll leave it be for now.

But definitely after my move this summer, when things settle down, I am gonna buy one just to see what it’s like.

I know the price is crazy high compared to known good items. I know I could do better.

I just keep bumping into this stupid thing (ad bots) and wondering if it has the bones to modify into something cool.

I mean, electric start? That’s like rich people stuff. What if the clone makers stuck with standard clutch dimensions and tapers? What if the crank can be swapped? What if the bolt placement on that jug would allow studs to be installed and big kits fit?

I built a grubee bike. It was trrrrrble and I gave it away soon after it was assembled.

This just seems to have too many possibilities to not be explored and I havent seen a moped person do a review. I assume the amazon people are just plebs playing mechanic.

There was a guy on here years ago that got really weird with these, Gila kits and crazy crazy shit, he was a pro welder fabricator dude and had an amazing instagram.

Probably Fred /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There was a guy on here years ago that got really weird with these, Gila

> kits and crazy crazy shit, he was a pro welder fabricator dude and had

> an amazing instagram.

Clay Forrey

Tweaker trash /

Those eBay engine kit are made simply to convert and make pissed off

The best and simply mod is a razz cylinder, puch water cooled head, dio intake, big ass carb & expansion chamber

Everything pretty much bolts on but Iv seen guys ask like $400 for the cylinder and intake alone if u don’t know what ur looking at (edited)

There's guys using Stihl chainsaw cylinders, minarelli vertical cylinders, custom clutches, billet cases... All kinds of shit.

I race with them. They're making bikes that'll do 50 on the track, and 70mph on the street. This guy Robert Bianchi made a dual, side by side cylinder motor. They keep making gnarlier shit, long after I gave up and went to the V1 (which still beats them on the track.)

You can check the "socal motorized bicycle racing" group on Facebook.

Tweaker trash /

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There's guys using Stihl chainsaw cylinders, minarelli vertical

> cylinders, custom clutches, billet cases... All kinds of shit.

>

> I race with them. They're making bikes that'll do 50 on the track, and

> 70mph on the street. This guy Robert Bianchi made a dual, side by side

> cylinder motor. They keep making gnarlier shit, long after I gave up and

> went to the V1 (which still beats them on the track.)

>

> You can check the "socal motorized bicycle racing" group on Facebook.

I wanna help the kid out the skatepark with his bike but I don’t wanna get him kill lol

I had one a while ago, BEST DAMN BIKE EVER! Was my first "thing" with a motor on it.

Abused the crap out of it and it was my daily to school and back and everything imaginable for 3 years before i got a drivers license.

Only maintance i did to it was add fuel and tighten bolts, never left me stranded, always started, probably had 15k miles on it before i sold it to a good friend of mine (who still hoons around with it to this day)

If your gonna get one, get it with the 1 piece head/cylinder (66cc version, or the 100cc/79cc one, whatever your flavor is) there a better option than the 2 piece design (built wayy better also, doesn't feel like its gonna snap the frame in half)

yea the ktm clone morini s6's are awesome. that thing looks real iffy

bumpo for recent query

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account