"New" Moped i picked up for 100 bucks and updates!

Joshua Carpenter /

So after searching a long time i finally found a decently looking Puch Maxi in my area for 100 bucks!!!

If the owner is to be believed, it was a running while parked scenario so...it should be okay lol

Day 1:

I took off the plastics, and found the carb, got it out but the throttle slider is seized/hella stuck, so ima fiddle it occasionally until I either replace the bing carb with a bing clone or something else happens.

I drained the tank, made some fresh premix and rinsed it. The peacock/valve is hella blocked so I gotta clean that, the first rinse with premix came out pretty dirty, but the second rinse with some swoooshing around and it came out really clean, like Almost as good as it went in, so it may not be rusted to hell!! So good news!!

Gave the metal frame a wash, getting crude out of the engine/gunk/crude slowly but surely and cleaning the plastics 8D.

First major project, im sorta familiar with engines as i was able to replace a Gy6 by my self, (and that scooter is a nightmare god) i plan on making weekly updates or major accomplishments i do!! yeehaww!!

104618316_265379201351897_2386526015355784017_n.jpg
104660961_3148314145235186_2921521480716284570_n.jpg

Re: "New" Moped i picked up for 100 bucks and updates!

"ima fiddle it occasionally" "hella" Wow.... Nice looking bike though, I would avoid clone carbs, either redo what you have or advertise for a used one in the buy/sell forum.

Nice score

nice bike hope it all goes well!

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> "ima fiddle it occasionally" "hella" Wow.... Nice looking bike

> though, I would avoid clone carbs, either redo what you have or

> advertise for a used one in the buy/sell forum.

Ya these are not like the Chinese crap scooters. Try and rebuild what you have. The clone aftermarket parts are not as good as original. Good luck. Like the color of that maxi.

Soak that carb in penetrating oil and after a time try to gently pry it up. If that doesn't work you can try a few heat cycles by putting the stripped carb in a pot of water and boil it.

put some cardboard under the bike and turn on the fan.

Nice color combination.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account