Re: Water found in desert

While looking at my 10 Motrons and recalling the 1 parts bike, more of the 78 and 79 bikes had the bicycle style handlebars, while the 80 and 81's had the bolt on. It didn't seem to matter if it was a Fairway, Sprint, Medalist, or Classic.

im not sure theyre interchangeable tho, I think it might be a whole other set of forks instead of just a different top plate.

I've used tomos handlebar clamps to cnvert before, it's just drill 2 holes and they bolt in. I guess you probably ought to make sure they're aligned right, but whatever - measure nonce.

The bmx stem worked out, have a set of black bars coming though. Dont care for the chrome ones currently on it. Was thinking about doing risers if the bmx stem hadn't worked out.

Thanks.

Now I just need to find a decent priced seat, the bicycle one is crap, brackets bend easily so never stays flat. Chinesium

D2075943-B580-4A71-A035-A5978746BD36.jpeg

I had one with very similar patina! I liked the patina so much i clear coated the whole bike to protect it haha.

Nice!

Damn! That's it's twin!

So I had a murray fork set in my stash, turns out it's the same offset and such. Had to drill and remove the fork inserts for the new top plate but looks much better now with the lower black bars.

Starting to love this ped more than my maxi, been riding it daily over the maxi now.

Maybe its time to stick some speed parts on it.

20200810_191935.jpg
20200810_192601.jpg

Yeah they are cool peds. Here is my mutt

20200731_063229.jpg

Dudes shed is too live crew. Makes me want to buy a corn cob pipe and drop by.

Sit a spell.

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Dudes shed is too live crew. Makes me want to buy a corn cob pipe and

> drop by.

>

> Sit a spell.

Haha! Its actually an old box truck. After my grandfather passed we were selling the shop he owned and there were to of these that needed to be gone. Wrecker guy towed one to my house and I gave the other one in exchange for the tow.

Built it into a little shop using all recycled materials I scrounged up.

Would like a big shop but cant afford one so this will do until I can save up some cash to build a 30x40 shop.

Just found your Motron’s long lost brother in southern GA. Motrons sure seem to have been unfairly targeted for some outside time and patina development. Maybe it’s because they didn’t do the 6-coat paint jobs like Puch?

CAEFFBDA-BEE6-45D9-BD6D-B7C8915FD0F0.jpeg

> Steven Davis Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just found your Motron’s long lost brother in southern GA. Motrons sure

> seem to have been unfairly targeted for some outside time and patina

> development. Maybe it’s because they didn’t do the 6-coat paint jobs

> like Puch?

Well, I’m gonna have to get a pic. Because I have the twin of this one. It was left outside a spell too.

Found a pic

3CBE1751-4133-4028-AC49-AC200EECB322.jpeg

Eye spy.

Motron has been my go-to bike now for river trips.

Hot as fuck today estimated high of 106°. We chillin down at the river now after sweatin to the oldies doing yard work.

20200816_130618.jpg

The rubber mud flap MAKES it. Absolutely MAKES IT. I found my bee-utifil 78 Puch Maxi Luxe in Fort Worth for $100. Got an exhaust system from Treats cause I guess the guy's grandkids had taken it off trying to make it loud and oops - wouldn't run. I pedaled it and it wasn't seized up so I wrote him a check, rolled it up into my Sienna and came home. So maybe that was 2 bikes in Texas for good $$$$ ? Mine looks to be garage kept. It's really clean. Well done on saving that one. It deserves it.

Thanks, ordered a pipe, tires, and a filter for this bike. Gonna up jet and get a little more speed and power for hills.

Was gonna sell this bike but it just runs and looks so damn sweet I couldn't bring myself to part with it yet.

20200818_201606.jpg

Oh hell yeah! She sounds sick and rips pretty good for an otherwise stock bike. Also added a mesh filter and slighty bigger jet.

20200824_183437.jpg

What is the pipe you got?

Treats had a vintage leo vinci for a v1. Nearly bolted on, had to add a hole on the pipe's rear mount.

Scored a cool formerly silver Patina Motron,...growing affection for that sweet V1,... parking the Maxi,...man, you’re my TX twin!

New shoes! Rides so much nicer now that I dont have the 40 year old pirelli's on it. Also found the speedo drive was binding up so removed it for now.

Happy blasting yall!

20200827_182735.jpg

Loving the sound of this pipe, not sure why it popped out that smoke all of a sudden on the video.

Anywho, waiting on some stiffer clutch springs to improve take off now that the pipe has raised the power band.

What a great find, this was a fun thread to read and it was great to hear it run in the video! It sounds dope af.

Thanks!

Springs came in yesterday, blue gy6 springs, take off is much improved now. Also think I can lean my jet slighty as it sometimes 4 strokes at full throttle.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account