Any info on Lazer moped

Need your input.

Re: Any info on Lazer moped

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

Here I am. How may I assist you?

Lazer is a trade name made by the US importer/distributor, North American Roosevelt Industries Inc, 405 Park Ave, New York, New York 10022. Lazers were made from 1977 to 1979 by Jui Li Enterprise Co. Ltd, 22 Konan Rd, Jenwu Hsiang, Kaohsiung Hsien, Taiwan, R.O.C.. Jui Li made only mopeds. Lazer Sport 50 (originally Sprint 50) is a 1977 top tank, bright orange, with a Minarelli V1 engine. It looks identical to the General 5-Star, but there are subtle differences. There is also a less common 1979 Lazer with a Morini MO-1 engine.

There is also a new SSR Lazer 5. Four stroke moped made in China. Some even have pedals.

yea which lazer? The new ones are oft-derided here for being china made with cheap parts and being not vintage and being 4 strokes, but theyre not terrible, theyve got better brakes and suspension than most old stuff and the engines can be decently reliable if you're not doing anything to it, there are bigger cylinders too.

And there are the old lazers which are for all intents and purposes a rebadged minarelli v1 powered general 5 star. generals are one of the more sought after bikes for having a pretty easily upgraded and supported powerplant, the v1, and being top tanks. plus those tanks are just beautiful - really great looking bikes if you want a top-tank

Here are some pictures of the parts I have.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

There should be more to it than that, usually a frame, some wheels and a motor at the minimum, you're missing alot.

> Ryan Graeme Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There should be more to it than that, usually a frame, some wheels and a

> motor at the minimum, you're missing alot.

Yep I know it's missing alot, but that's all I got. Should be able to tell something by the tank.

as tr mentioned there was a laser with morini m01. it looked like a pacer ss badged laser. not sure if laser came as a step though. fenders, chain guards, swing arm, and stand all look like laser/pacer ss. tank looks pacer step through, but that floor board looks baretta or lem something along those lines. it all looks Italian if that helps.

there was a step thru, i mean it's the same factory (Juili) and everything as the generals, and there's the general step thru too. pretty sure the general step thru and lazer are identical except branding.

look on myrons, tons of info, and this flyer!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account