EBR forks

Who is running EBR forks and a fender in a puch? Trying to visualize what finished product looks like. Post any pics you have

Re: EBR forks

I have a couple. The maroon bike has those newer beefy EBRs that come with a bigger fork brace that didn't work out for me. It didn't quite line up with the forks and the tab for the fender would have required a bunch of spacers or washers to support it. The green bike is regular EBRs. Both have that regular $14 brace on them. You gotta use the wire bracket thing in addition to the brace.

Maroon.jpg
Green.jpg

Mike Scouty McScoutington /
Maximos.jpg

I just threw the beefy boi hydros on my Maxi N/Tomos build, no fender. I haven't had it out for a run yet, but hopefully I can wrap it up by this weekend. Overall I am impressed with the quality.

Not a Puch, but I have the "fun zone non hydraulic" forks from treat's on my Testi with a custom fender, brackets, paint, etc...

IMG_20200511_165329.jpg

Thanks for the pics it helps me to realize how to mount it and where the wire thingy goes. So I guess you have to drill holes in the top of the fender to mount it. Coming to realize nothing about mopeds is quick and easy lol

So about the ebr forks? Is there any similarity to the functionality and the design of these EBRs to say a typical motorcycle or a typical mountain bike fork on the mountain bike fork one side has an air chamber that you can pressurize and the other side has a oil sealed side that functions as a damper and there's oil holes that oil goes from one side and there's a positive and there's a negative side All this kind of stuff is on a say a fox factory shock or a rockshock. What's inside an EBR? How seriously are these things made.

> Marc Friedman Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So about the ebr forks? Is there any similarity to the functionality and

> the design of these EBRs to say a typical motorcycle or a typical

> mountain bike fork on the mountain bike fork one side has an air chamber

> that you can pressurize and the other side has a oil sealed side that

> functions as a damper and there's oil holes that oil goes from one side

> and there's a positive and there's a negative side All this kind of

> stuff is on a say a fox factory shock or a rockshock. What's inside an

> EBR? How seriously are these things made.

If you get the hydro forks they are decent. If you get the cheapo you get what you pay for. They are shit quality with little to no dampening but a good replacement for worn out stock crap. You will need to buy a brace or you will be scared as you can grab the bars and twist and watch the wheel turn by itself. Hey they look cool!!

Also if you plan on running low bars with the cheapest ones plan on having almost no travel as all your weight will make them bottom out every bump. Its mopeds but get the hydros and get some heavy weight oil. (edited)

My non hydraulic ones are beefy and stable. Won't come close to bottoming out, even with a 19" wheel, and a bike about 40lbs heavier than your average moped.

Im impressed at the quality of them. I figured they'd be shit and I'd have to drop some big money for some baby cerianis or marzocchis, but they look good and ride good, so I'm good.

So are all the various "hydro" ebr forks comparable.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account