BUY & SELL

I am wondering if there is a certain protocol when buying or selling on the site. I'm probably out on two potential buys this month. Do you announce your intention here, PM, or e- mail? I understand most everybody works, I'm not rushing anybody ,but maybe drop a line ?

Re: BUY & SELL

If there's something I want I PM the person and post on the thread.

Did that. Maybe I got BO!?

Overpriced Parts /

Ya Les I came on here and 2009 to sell extra stuff or pipes and kits that we didn’t like, I hate eBay.

I and I both my sons bought and sold stuff on MA for years we only were burned twice in that time that led to not getting money back though some Transactions ended up in dispute we always got our money back.

But yes it takes time because people ship casually here Moped army is not eBay. I never did though, as soon as I get payment I’d get the parts out within a day or so and had 3 kids and wife to support, family stuff, worked a lot of overtime and still managed to get our packages out quickly so I don’t know why some don’t ship within a week or so or say on the post that shipping will be few weeks later like many good people did in the past.

I give a few weeks before I start some kind of dispute But I buy very little any more and don’t sell spare stuff because some people buy them and flip them on eBay,

Give a few weeks, don’t let it go past the dispute period and check to see if the seller is on the good vs bad list,

Good luck

Overpriced Parts /

Oh Les I thought you bought something and didn’t get it, yeah it’s a shot in the dark if you try to buy something and you get no reply many times that means it’s sold,

ive been spamming the buy sell for a week, sorry. But i try to make it the easiest transaction possible. Believe it or not, theres alotta window shoppers, wishy washy, unsure buyers. If ya want it grab it b4 its gone.

Understood Pat. But a courtesy "sold" would help. Then I could start looking again. PS Lotta good Vespa Parts your selling though!

Sellers ought to be able to delete their Buy/Sell thread once the item has sold. I don't see the point of keeping a thread for items that sold 1 month or 20 years ago.

I don't always look close enough at the original post date, someone bumps it, and I strike up a conversation about a 10 year old post, making me look stupid...

...er

Your not alone Trent! I just started on one today from 2008! Duh...

yea i was gonna say, double check the date 1st and foremost.

Then typical process would be to message the seller directly then indicate it in the thread. Like just type "PM'd" which alerts the seller if they're just cheking the thread to check their private messages, and it alerts other potential buyers that you were there 1st and have already initiated the buy. Then ideally the seller would mark sold when it's sold.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account