New person here.

Hello. Introducing myself. New to all this here. Usually pretty mechanically inclined and have been wanting to get a Puch Maxi since I was a kid. Looking to make all my dreams come true and maybe picking up some bins of parts perhaps tomorrow. The seller just made me aware that there is a glob of JB weld on the bottom of the case of what he says is a 77 E50 but I am having troubles identifying from the pictures as there seems to be one more screw then most I've seen. Ive added a picture. Also curious what is too high to pay for a "complete" non-running 77 Maxi. Trying to educate myself on prices but some seem to be all over the place. Any help is greatly appreciated.

engine.jpg

Re: New person here.

Wesley Ambrosini /

Thats an e50

Try to find one that doesn't have goop on it. Looks like you won't have a kickstand with it.

California prices I say no more than $100 for a ok shape ped. Non running I go like $50. They'll become a pain in the ass money pit if you start with a ratty ass BS moped

I cann look around, lotsa people probably got spare e50 cases so post up for one in buy sell. it's a good idea to run a matching pair but you could probably get away with just replacing the bottom half. Then rebuild cuz it's easy and good learning and good practice, and you can case match while you're in there to move up to a better kit.

That extra hole i've seen, can't remember if it was an e50 but it's basically a case drain if like the carb or oil leaked all into the cases for some reason. not a biggy, i wouldnt touch it.

^^^the op is from the mid west, and those prices ^^ even for the mid-west would be cheep. It all depends on condition. non running poor, non running mint. rusty tank? complete, incomplete, etc.

to turn this around, maybe say how much you wanna spend?

Prices seem to be all over the place. Some want 400 for something running on Ohio/Indiana but in Michigan there is very little and what I do see is pretty much all complete with new parts for about 2k. Some even all complete but haven't been touched in 15 years with 5k miles for 1400. It doesn't make sense to me. I don't mind spending some extra cash where is matters but if I spend 1k I'd prefer to get 2 bikes.

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

Depending on the type of bike, $400 for a running bike could be a pretty solid deal.

I'd hold off on spending anywhere near $1k for a first bike. Get something cheap and solid. Get a feel for riding and working on bikes. Then you'll know what you like/don't like and what you want in a bike. You can then spend money shaping the bike you bought with upgrades or by buying a different type altogether.

Don't spend $1k on a stranger's project, you don't know what you're getting. (edited)

Tweaker trash /

I know exactly what case that is and where is came from and how much they payed.That case was one eBay for $75 being sold by cyclebob

That is a not the best patch job...The Hole was not to big probably could of filled with less jbweld or welded

ok, you should be able to find a stock running decent ped for 3-5, make the trip n sell that busted e50.

u might hit up the zeros in toledo they got a few.

we got some in cleveland but that's the other side of ohio

I'd be willing to drive to Ohio, What ya got? (edited)

> Hepatitis J [OFMC] Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Depending on the type of bike, $400 for a running bike could be a pretty

> solid deal.

>

> I'd hold off on spending anywhere near $1k for a first bike. Get

> something cheap and solid. Get a feel for riding and working on bikes.

> Then you'll know what you like/don't like and what you want in a bike.

> You can then spend money shaping the bike you bought with upgrades or by

> buying a different type altogether.

>

> Don't spend $1k on a stranger's project, you don't know what you're

> getting.

Oh, I'm not planning on paying 1k for a single bike unless it's something special. I should probably add that I dont mind a project but would prefer something somewhat complete.

Do you have a picture of the ped? It might be worth getting.

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> Do you have a picture of the ped? It might be worth getting.

Here ya go.

Screenshot_20200626-115944.png
Screenshot_20200626-115933.png
Screenshot_20200626-115939.png

$25-$50 no more. god knows what it's missing and it needs lots of work.

Tweaker trash /

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> $25-$50 no more. god knows what it's missing and it needs lots of work.

$50 is fair

Looks like a Euro spec light in the box, or Canadian...

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Looks like a Euro spec light in the box, or Canadian...

Was thinking Canadian as for the Bombardier sticker.

Yeah, I believe they were branded by Bombardier when sold in Canada

Orange County prices are different, a non running Puch $450-500, a month ago a blue non running Puch sold $650, when he wanted $700. Typically a non running complete $350, a running moped $500, a good running moped like a Moby, Puch, $750, that is standard. A magnum in these parts they want $2500

Pushrod Fifty /

Run as fast as you can from it.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> Run as fast as you can from it.

Can I ask why you say that?

> Jacob Ohse Wrote:

> > Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Run as fast as you can from it.

>

> Can I ask why you say that?

It's going to be a big money hole.

Pushrod Fifty /

You have to ask why? If its hacked on the outside what would the inside look like? Unless its a 50.00 parts package to be used to support another build.

roy jongejan /

50 dollars, thats what a good bare frame with a license plate would cost here (Netherlands), and this was/is a big moped country

Too bad it's not around me, I would give them $50 for it and if they dropped it off I would make them a PBJ or two.

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> Too bad it's not around me, I would give them $50 for it and if they

> dropped it off I would make them a PBJ or two.

That's not fair. I'm a sucker for a good pbj.

Overpriced Parts /

Frame and a engine Is worth a c note nowadays

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account