First time puch purchase?

Nicholas Minutillo /

Good afternoon!

I'm currently looking around the market for a Puch Moped. I never owned one, but I rode my friends Maxi that he had about 15 years back and loved it!

I was just curious what the Puch Maxis usually go for price wise in NY?

also, I'm currently looking at a 78 Maxi that seems to be in good condition for $1200. All the electric works as well. The seller claims they changed the cylinder head so now its a 70cc, and does about 40MPH. Is this common in the maxi world? any information is appreciated.

Thank you!

-nick (edited)

Re: First time puch purchase?

Yeah, that seems really steep to me for a molested moped. You would be so much better off with a stock one, and modify it yourself so you know it’s right. I don’t trust other people’s work. IMO $1200 is too much for any moped. I don’t know your market, but I haven’t paid over$500 for a perfectly running moped. I own 17 of them.

Overpriced Parts /

Though I have had good luck building up bikes Most don’t so Get a stock unmolested one because people can’t build correctly because it’s not just a matter of just slapping a 70 cc cylinder on it,

You got to a blueprint and tune the whole bike including the ignition, clutch, trans, gearing, carburetor lighting, tires etc. everything has to be blueprinted/tuned,

Nicholas Minutillo /

wow, I had no idea the Maxis only went for like 500. is that in good condition? This person happens to be only like 10 min from me, so thought it was a good find. Is there a way to test the legitimacy of it? Or can it just crap out in a few months =X.

thanks ,

-nick

Nicholas Minutillo /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Though I have had good luck building up bikes Most don’t so Get a stock

> unmolested one because people can’t build correctly because it’s not

> just a matter of just slapping a 70 cc cylinder on it,

>

> You got to a blueprint and tune the whole bike including the ignition,

> clutch, trans, gearing, carburetor lighting, tires etc. everything has

> to be blueprinted/tuned,

ahh, never thought of that. so basically the timing can be completely off if it wasn't done correctly, then it can go BOOM? lol . Didn't even think of that

roy jongejan /

1200 would be alright if it was all original, near mint condition, and low milage

Moped Lar (OFMC) /
F68B032A-AE77-40B5-A2C3-A00770BB33C9.jpeg

For that kind of money, I might consider selling Kim’s all original brown Maxi Luxe. It has over 6k miles, but I completely rebuilt the motor at around 3500 miles. Runs and looks beautiful. I’ll think about it. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account