Triped microcar VIN location

I got a triped two months ago and I guess it's time I register it since the BMVs are open again. Someone painted mine with a brush or something and I can't find the VIN on it. This is a first year model, where is it supposed to be at?

Re: Triped microcar VIN location

"First year model" (1979) so you have the curved rear fenders and the small metal gas tank?

Or do you have the large plastic tank and squared off rear fender/trunk lid (1980)

The changes happened in between so that is not 100% the way to determine year. The vin tag is on the steering neck, just like every other moped. It is only a 4 digit number because they only made them for a short run from spring 1979 to spring 1980.

Let me know the number when you find it

I forgot to mention that the 4 digit vin begins with 0 because they made less than 1000

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> "First year model" (1979) so you have the curved rear fenders and the

> small metal gas tank?

>

> Or do you have the large plastic tank and squared off rear fender/trunk

> lid (1980)

>

> The changes happened in between so that is not 100% the way to determine

> year. The vin tag is on the steering neck, just like every other moped.

> It is only a 4 digit number because they only made them for a short run

> from spring 1979 to spring 1980.

>

> Let me know the number when you find it

Thanks for the response, it is a first year (small gas tank curved fenders) the story I was told was that the original owner was the neighbor of the inventor of the triped and he bought one directly from him. I'll have to remove the paint to see the vin

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account