Suzuki PEI Timing?

Ethan Tabbert /

Hello,

So I've been doing a lot of research about timing for my FA50 build. At first, I was very confused about the whole timing marks thing. However, I decided to look through the manual and see if it says anything. It said that because of the "PEI" system, engine timing is always preserved.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/999530/Suzuki-Fa50.html?page=16#manual

Can anyone tell me what this means? Does this mean that I don't need to do any sort of timing mark lineup from the flywheel to the case? I think you can do minor adjustments to advance or retard the timing by rotating the coils right or left. But does the rotation of the flywheel have any affect on this if there are no ignition points?

Thanks!

Re: Suzuki PEI Timing?

It's a CDI, no adjustment is needed/possible. No points.

Ethan Tabbert /

So basically I can just slap this thing back together and it should run? No matter the orientation of my flywheel?

> Ethan Tabbert Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So basically I can just slap this thing back together and it should run?

> No matter the orientation of my flywheel?

The flywheel has to be installed with the key in place . That is the correct orientation .

Ethan Tabbert /

Ohhh I didn't even think of that. It's hard to remember all this stuff when it's not in front of me haha. I need to quit thinking about my moped while I'm at work, but I just can't help myself.

It's actually a good thing to think about pleasurable things at work as it tends to ease stress . And , we all know that less stress equals better production , no matter the 'product' . ;)

Ethan Tabbert /

You're not wrong about that! It's my first build so it's a little stressful but I'm more excited to finish it than anything else. And it's definitely less stressful than work!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account