Vermont Registration

Christian Parks /

I sent the application/registration with a check and the 3 photos. They cashed the check and sent me a temporary tag. I have been waiting and have not received the permanent tag.

I did receive a registration sticker that is good for one year.

Tonight I looked at the first letter I received a second time and noticed that they are asking me to have the moped inspected before they issue the permanent tag.

Has anybody else had this issue?

I have attached both letters.

Thanks

IMG_2436.JPG
IMG_2437.JPG

Re: Vermont Registration

Tweaker trash /

How long is registration good for in Vermont? Just do the one year thing and if they ask just say “covid and you wanted to social distances yourself”

I wouldn’t give in! Mopeds are something we do to protect the average every day person from getting harassed or not being road legal for not have there car completely fixed up and “nice and perfect”

We are water

They are fire

If you want a title/plate in your state all you need is that tiny little registration that the sticker came on. How long have you been waiting for the plate?

Pushrod Fifty /

Did you send a pic of the vin? If not, they want to do a vin inspection.

Dan (high idle) Conway /

If I were you i’d bring that little tag to your local dmv... I have a feeling this loophole isn’t gonna be open for much longer people are catching on at dmvs everywhere from what i’ve read online, I just did the Vt to mass transfer a few days ago successfully, took a bunch of times going to the rmv and getting the right clerk but I did get a plate, registration and my title for my vespa smallframe (motorcycle) is coming in the mail from what the clerk said.

The vibe at the mass rmv was that a lot of employees were tipped off about VT registrations without a VT address on the card. that being said Mass RMV is on a list for #1 most strict in the country.. but who knows...

I just hope enough people don’t “abuse” this tactic with stolen bikes and ruin it for the rest of us. This law has helped SO many special classic vehicles get back on the road. (edited)

Dan (high idle) Conway /

Also this, when I got my plate and transferrable reg/title tag from VT I sent a bunch of pics of the bike. They want to see it isn’t a stupid illegal dirt bike

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did you send a pic of the vin? If not, they want to do a vin inspection.

Christian Parks /

I sent three good quality pictures. One of the moped, one a little closer of the VIN plate on the moped and a close up of the vin plate. The pictures are below.

IMG_2338.JPG
IMG_2339.JPG
IMG_2340.JPG

Christian Parks /

I mailed the package to Vermont DMV in late March, received the letter posted above and a paper temporary tag in late May and then received the sticker that would go on the permanent plate about a week after the temporary tag.

I thought the permanent tag was taking longer due to Covid 19.

Christian Parks /

I paper clipped the photos to the registration with the check. Maybe the photos were misplaced?

Christian Parks /

I think I will mail in another batch of photos with the letter.

Last month I did 3 mopeds 2 QT50 and a Chappy, all good got my tags and registrations, no problems at all!

Dan (high idle) Conway /

they dont need the plates turned in in mass atleast, i would try the rmv before your temporary registration expires. good luck

Pushrod Fifty /

You can email them, they are pretty quick to respond.

I've had to send a vin inspection, but that was because they fucked up and despite the picture and form clearly showing the correct VIN, they entered it wrong. So I had to have a vin check to send to VT to fix the error on the reg, then get it inspected again to get my OH title

Dan (high idle) Conway /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've had to send a vin inspection, but that was because they fucked up

> and despite the picture and form clearly showing the correct VIN, they

> entered it wrong. So I had to have a vin check to send to VT to fix the

> error on the reg, then get it inspected again to get my OH title

woah, thats a rough time.

I will say on another unrelated note- its pretty wack that the RMV had the vin in the computer for a 1974 vespa 90 that was never registered for public road use in new hampshire where it was originally bought/sold (a non title state for bikes that old) In the governments eyes, this bike never existed but the vin was still in the computer.

Vin inspections are rough

Christian Parks /

Thankfully, I was able to take the registration from Vermont and obtain a Florida tag today. No need to deal with why I received a 60 day temporary tag from Vermont. It got me what I needed.

Dan (high idle) Conway /

Good 4 you! Glad it worked, enjoy the ride

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account