Neat Cat Eye Find

Cat Eyes have been in my want list for a long time. I know they don’t make a huge difference but nobody in my town understands hand signals. Including me. I usually do them wrong.

I had originally set out for a set of the bullet-shaped ones with the chrome stems, but I found this low profile set (mint on card even?) and couldn’t resist. I can’t wait to see how it all comes together.

5723BF49-B178-4E10-8650-751B8FA43810.jpeg

Re: Neat Cat Eye Find

Sweet find! I hate turn signals on my bikes. I throw up the hand signals. I will also point while signaling so they cant be confused. Just make some motion to get their attention.

But is there a warranty??

Those are nice, not as bright as the other's but, they use dry cell bats, no charging from the bike. So cool they are "new". Be careful of the battery box plastic, the ones I have had crumbled from age.

Overpriced Parts /

Ya those aren’t as good as ones connected to light circuit that charge and only have bulbs 1/6 of wattage but still a good NOS find

I’m gonna have to install these in a noncommittal fashion and see how tired I get of buying D batteries!

Why not just run the light fixtures , switch bulbs and run off the light coil ?

You can probably wire them up to the charging system

> It’s Arch! Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I’m gonna have to install these in a noncommittal fashion and see how

> tired I get of buying D batteries!

get rechargeable batteries, and or run led bulbs, will not buy many batts.

Get a little solar cell and battery system and use the sun ???? Surely with all the solar light thingys out there something will work. I got a Coleman solar battery charger for my tractors from Harbor Freight. The panel is about 14" square and the wires are pretty long and the little pos and neg clamps clip on the battery posts. Really handy for keeping a battery from running down.

Do you guys know of any new battery operated turn signal kits or 6 volt kits that are worth getting?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account