Is this moped worth a 4 hour drive to get?

Should I go grab this?

00n0n_knrwvz51oHh_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Re: Is this moped worth a 4 hour drive to get?

i drove 4 hours for my 1st moped (8hours total)

Some more pics

00g0g_5XF6WZxOUP4_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00d0d_j5Msaw6FcdQ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00J0J_j2J3cqX3Idj_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Is it free?

That is a dope bike. Depends on how much it is and if it is worth it to you. If it was in my acceptable price range. Including the round trip cost. Then I'm all over it. Road trip!

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

$600 is kind of steep but considering what moped prices in la have been recently, it's not crazy. you've got 20 bikes listed in your profile and none of them are a V1. You could do with a much worse V1 bike.

Offer him $500 and hope that I'm not on my way there from much closer. (edited)

I hear you OFMC, I just have never seen a Cimatti top tank like that.

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

It's pretty cool. I think it's similar to safari and not a crossbar'd top tank. The tank just sits on mounts.

Pushrod Fifty /

Too much money and time to end up with a bike that needs a total rebuild that will cost more than its worth.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^this

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

But rebuilding is most of the fun. If you're building and restoring bikes for profit or to accrue some sort of value, you're going to lose. Do it for fun or don't do it at all.

We can't all get Hagerstown safaris for $125.

Overpriced Parts /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Is it free?

Yep my thought exactly

I can’t believe these people drive for hours and hours and pay 3 to 4 times too much money for a bike they have to completely rebuild, and then they can’t do it and they have to give up after wasting all that money and time,

Dumb!

Dirty30 Dillon /

Ken already hoarded all his bikes years ago, and thankfully for him they are mostly just multiples of the same make/model so he never has to learn anything new.

Don't be like Ken. If you want the bike, get it and learn. V1's are simple.

I might just pass on it, its cool, and the price is right, maybe Hepatitis wants to grab it since hes right there

Roffman, Were not in Ohio, were in So. Cali and we dont get to see cool bikes this that often lol

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

> Nile Muti Wrote:

> I might just pass on it, its cool, and the price is right, maybe

> Hepatitis wants to grab it since hes right there

No, I was just trying to illustrate a point. Let me know if you grab it and the topend is roasted. I think I have some nos piston and ring sets. Though, I can't imagine not running a polini on a V1.

> Nile Muti Wrote:

> I might just pass on it, its cool, and the price is right, maybe

> Hepatitis wants to grab it since hes right there

DUDE, if you really want the bike for yourself and are able to work on them mostly then grab it! Now if you're trying to buy it to flip or make money off I'd say pass. If you're keeping it for yourself it doesn't matter how much money you spend in it if it's what you really want and enjoy it. Trust and believe most people here have more money tied up in their bike than it's worth. Weather it's a little or a lot.

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > Bas Autowas Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Is it free?

>

> Yep my thought exactly

>

> I can’t believe these people drive for hours and hours and pay 3 to 4

> times too much money for a bike they have to completely rebuild, and

> then they can’t do it and they have to give up after wasting all that

> money and time,

>

> Dumb!

Guy, not all of us live in locations that have $100 mopeds by the dozen within a 20min drive.

In arizona, if I get a bike showing up in tucson it is usually at $400 not running. Any other close city that will have a population large enough to have any mopeds come up is a minimum of 2 hours away. Living here I am required to drive hours for any moped at any price. I can ignore it if I think it is too much, but guaranteed it will not be there a week later. But when you want to sell one of your bikes I am sure you are going to ask for top dollar. And then what? Insult the guy willing to pay you for it, for over paying for it?

I agree that if you are in this for money, then it is going to be a losing game unless you do next level stuff and build a company around mopeds.

I have a city bike but damn these top tanks looks nice, if you dont pick it up let me know where you spotted this beauty i might be interested in making the drive. CL so cal?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account