Re: Any love for gopeds?

> Dan (high idle) Conway Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The owners grand kid had one at one of the parks we use to camp at .

>

> >

>

> > Fool kid would ride around the park continuously , until it wouldn't

> go

>

> > anymore .

>

> >

>

> > I could have fixed it for him , but , the peace was much more

> appealing

>

> > . ;)

>

> This is gold

It so is!

^ I had a grin when I read that too.

I have tried to befriend the crazy boys in neighborhoods where I’ve lived. Because I used to be one.

I’d fix their shit. Let them tear up my yard on go karts. Just ask them to clean up brush and put it in the fire pit so I could still mow after one of their dirt clod wars.

That tiny bit of concession. One night, some kids went through the neighborhood shooting windows in cars with BB guns. Everyone got hit but me.

Keep your friends close, enemies closer sort of thing.

I rode a go-ped one time. That was enough for me. Not too scary. Just felt meh. I’m not lazy. But if there are two movie theaters, one with seats and the other you stand up, I’m gonna pick the one with seats.

Jack MT Goatheads MPC /

Had a goped age 12-15 used to ride to skate spots and shred it all over town. Got in trouble trying to sneak it into my locker at school. Hit trolly tracks wrong and face planted HARD! Looked like I was wearing shaded purple and yellow eye makeup for a few weeks once the swelling stopped.

Had billet wheels and the tires had flat spots and the front brake only worked once then you had to re align it so just didn’t use it (middle school tech).

Put battery powered Xmas lights under the deck for that under glow that was hot as fuck at the time ( talking Fast and Furious 1 in the theater still) also so i wouldn’t get killed at night.

Successfully out ran the police 3 times.

Got stolen from my house and is probably dead in a garage somewhere in Philly.

Good times and instantly hooked on mopeds once I discovered them!

Me and a friend fixed up one of those plastic bodied sitdowns, took it to the skatepark after test riding it. Took it in the bowls and was doing burnouts with it. With out the key, we jump started it off his girlfriends car. Not something I want to take a turn with at high speed. He ended up just giving it and the parts to some kid.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account