Best radiator for Motobecane with MBK Magnum Racing engine?

What's a decent radiator to add to a Motobecane 50v with a MBK Magnum Racing engine? All suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Side note: I ordered a "NOS original" radiator for way too much money, but was sent a non-functional broken worn out piece of junk. Basically, it leaked like crazily instantly and had at least one huge hole. It took so long to arrive that eBay's automated system locked the return/resolution center function. Not even eBay employees could fix the issue. I was told I qualify for the money back guarantee, but that I should deal with PayPal instead because of the glitch. Still waiting on a response from PayPal.

I really tried to get an original radiator off a MBK Magnum Racing because it would bolt right up, function flawlessly, and look good (especially with the scoops which I was thinking about wrapping in 3m chrome vinyl), but at this point, I'd love a radiator off a dirt bike or a scooter or whatever.

I just don't know which model of radiator or what tubing\hardware to use. I do have one of the mercedes slk320 Bosch water pumps to pair with a radiator. The mounting looks to be a bit tricky to make everything fit, work, and look clean, especially with a variated engine and not much clearance. Regularly, I'd stop by a bunch of local radiator shops, parts stores, junk yards, ect... But these days I think I'll try to figure things out online. So, I'd really appreciate to hear other's experiences or suggestions with radiators.

Thanks

DSCF7327.jpg

Re: Best radiator for Motobecane with MBK Magnum Racing engine?

Ive used XK80 radiators a few times, but pretty much any kids dirt bike radiator will work, you'll have to get custom with mounting, but thats whatever, just stay away from the Polini Snake Radiators and you'll be fine

Tweaker trash /

Yea I ran a yz85 radiator with a Prius pump

Aprillia sr50 radiators are small square, work great and are set up for a remove reservoir/overflow. Alternatively you could easily find a radiator shop that would patch it

The older ktm 50 radiators (2005) are one piece and are horizontal. They are about the same size as the original Mbk.

I was able to make a bracket and mount one under the tank but ended up scrapping that idea and will be using a ninja 250 radiator on my 51.

There's a seller on eBay from Israel selling new oem piaggio scooter radiators for really cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361623162331

Thanks so much for the help. I just snagged a sweet deal on a small dirt bike radiator, a yz85 radiator. I might grab another radiator or two just to try for the best fit. The other radiators mentioned and similar are about one tenth of the cost and better quality than the broken one I got. So, this is great.

Regarding a 250 radiator on a Moped, I actually really like the idea of using a radiator off a ninja or a cbr250r. I like how they are centrally mounted with beautifully symmetrical mounting hardware. I previously just assumed they'd look too big and draw attention, but maybe not.

unnamed.jpg

I don't know how accurate this image is, but it looks like a cbr250r radiator is 12.79528 inches by 5.11811. This looks promising. For reference, the original MBK Magnum radiator is about 8" by 7 1/2 ", with the bolts, nuts, and scoops, it might be another inch wider or so, maybe about 9". I'll have to do some more digging, exploring, and measuring, but a 250 sport-bike radiator might just work.

> Jesse Simonsen Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The older ktm 50 radiators (2005) are one piece and are horizontal. They

> are about the same size as the original Mbk.

>

> I was able to make a bracket and mount one under the tank but ended up

> scrapping that idea and will be using a ninja 250 radiator on my 51.

>

> There's a seller on eBay from Israel selling new oem piaggio scooter

> radiators for really cheap.

>

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/361623162331

that is a great deal, im gonna pick one up!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account