ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Almost finished with my prototype. Standoff and cylinder are the same length to allow for gaskets of varying thickness.

IMG_3107.jpg

(edited)

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

hell yeah

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

I want one of these please🙋‍♂️

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Overpriced Parts /

Good Work!

The stock one with having to use a gasket it’s not all that accurate, I hope you make the other Measuring tool also.

It would be great if you can mass-produce them and get them out to the people because lack of these measuring tools created a bias against the best auto 2 speed moped engine in the world for being hard to work on,

Sure you need a few other tools and things but the measuring tools are the most important

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

You're good people.

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Hepatitis J [OFMC] /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It would be great if you can mass-produce them and get them out to the

> people because lack of these measuring tools created a bias against the

> best auto 2 speed moped engine in the world for being hard to work on,

I was under the impression that you could have facilitated this at any point over the past 30 years.

Please post some other measuring tool dimensions so some fabricators can get to work on them.

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Gawd so awesome! How much these gonna be tho?

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Double check your design. The puch one is made a little different than this, but it may still work. I think the only important part is having the legs and the shaft be the same length, the main difference I see is the puch one is H shaped. I can measure the set we have. There are two of them. (edited)

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Double check your design. The puch one is made a little different than

> this, but it may still work. I think the only important part is having

> the legs and the shaft be the same length, the main difference I see is

> the puch one is H shaped. I can measure the set we have. There are two

> of them.

I think it's only H-shaped because it's made from a casting and they needed to machine flat the ends. Also the shaft and legs aren't exactly the same length, shaft is a bit longer (about 0.2mm)

Here's one that I just got via Jose from the Bullies via Myron's Mopeds. Shawn said he thought maybe it was a later Austrian version.

IMG_0693.JPG

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Mike is correct. Very cool! I have never seen an actual photo of that version of the tool :D

The factory tool cylinder is longer to account for the compressed gasket + spec'd endfloat.

I was able to get my hands on the factory clutch shim tool and it is the H - shaped cast version.

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

9056321090 is in fact slightly shorter body than the cylinder, caliper battery is dead and I don’t have dial calipers. ~66.5 mm for the center piece and a little more than 66 for the body

9056321070 is ~57 and I can’t get a measurement for the difference in sizes as it is very very small (edited)

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Overpriced Parts /

They made like four different styles of those tools, mine are different than my friends, my friend’s are different than my other friend’s ones,

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Good Work!

>

> The stock one with having to use a gasket it’s not all that accurate, I

> hope you make the other Measuring tool also.

>

> It would be great if you can mass-produce them and get them out to the

> people because lack of these measuring tools created a bias against the

> best auto 2 speed moped engine in the world for being hard to work on,

>

> Sure you need a few other tools and things but the measuring tools are

> the most important

word! im sitting on so many za50's....sadly because of a progressing debilitating issues, that started about 12yrs ago. the joy of working on them is a thing of the past for me, even if i had them in my possession now. :( i did have brief access to the tools, the dude turned out to be a geeker tweeker, sob ripped me off good. i should have never left my stuff in his shop. cut the losses and moved on. if i hadn't have retired 17ish years ago. id have been whipping up all these tools on my lunch hour. kodos alek. these tools will def turn around the big za scare of 1990.

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Overpriced Parts /

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Good Work!

>

> >

>

> > The stock one with having to use a gasket it’s not all that accurate,

> I

>

> > hope you make the other Measuring tool also.

>

> >

>

> > It would be great if you can mass-produce them and get them out to the

>

> > people because lack of these measuring tools created a bias against

> the

>

> > best auto 2 speed moped engine in the world for being hard to work on,

>

> >

>

> > Sure you need a few other tools and things but the measuring tools are

>

> > the most important

>

> word! im sitting on so many za50's....sadly because of a progressing

> debilitating issues, that started about 12yrs ago. the joy of working on

> them is a thing of the past for me, even if i had them in my possession

> now. :( i did have brief access to the tools, the dude turned out to be

> a geeker tweeker, sob ripped me off good. i should have never left my

> stuff in his shop. cut the losses and moved on. if i hadn't have retired

> 17ish years ago. id have been whipping up all these tools on my lunch

> hour. kodos alek. these tools will def turn around the big za scare of

> 1990.

For me that never was a scare in 1990 or any time for a moped engine!

For me building a Kawasaki triple street bike Or 850 cc water buffalo Was a scare“ Especially with jetting/tuning after aftermarket Expansion pipes were added!

Nothing more fun than having multiple big bore cylinders seizing at Highway speeds because tuning/jetting on multiple cylinders was off after adding huge aftermarket expansion chamber pipes!

I was a guinea pig every time ha ha!

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

The most under rated post on MA

Re: ZA50 crankshaft shim tool

Dan (high idle) Conway /

this is huge. it will get many za50s spinning again

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account