Just joined

Hi MA...Just joined today....A month ago I knew nothing about mopeds except I rode one in Bermuda in 1978....I was going to buy the Mrs. a brand new scooter...Then I started seeing mopeds and remembered them...I have old cars, radios, boats, equipment, tools and guitars that I've restored, so now I had to find a moped....Was searching but not buying because of usual shipping concerns, lack of knowledge etc...Nothing nearby, then out of nowhere, I see a sign in the town where I work, 1983 Peugeot SP 103 moped....Very nice condition but non-running....Now its in my garage....picked up a few manuals etc and will go to work on this week...I'm handy but this will be all new to me. I've been reading the forums, so I see this is serious business and quite the right place to be if you want to learn mopeds. I thank you in advance for any guidance

Regards

Jack

mope.jpg

Re: Just joined

This is indeed the right place.

That's a great looking bike and its easy to find parts for the Peugeot.

If you need manuals, this link is helpful.

Have fun! (edited)

Welcome. That 103 looks in great shape. Check Myron's mopeds for troubleshooting tips on getting it prepped for running. Grow a thick skin too.

Congratulations that is one nice Peugeot.

That Ghia vertical is awesome, if you can have that, mopeds will be easy, fine bike, check out freds guide in the wiki, and the pug section. Enjoy!

Yeah wow, great score, that's the best version of that model to have. I would suggest swapping out the reeds, intake, and carb for a dellorto Sha.

The other age-related items are tires, chain, and often times the crank seals will go bad on Peugeot just from sitting around. If it were me, I'd pull the engine and do a full rebuild but that thing's pretty clean.

You get the most smiles per mile on a moped

Pushrod Fifty /

Nice bike, 300D rocks.

Nice moped! Awful close to the Carmen Ghia.....

X2 on the thick skin. If you can handle a bit of saltiness once in a while, people here are awesome and will (eventually) see that you are serious and help. I've done this sort of vehicle hobby thing so many times--rarely seen the kind of stoke and helpfulness as I have seen here. Welcome and hang in there. It's worth it.

PS: That is a sweet Ghia! You have great taste. Next, you'll need a Teutonic moped....not much better than German/Austrian engineering. I see a Puch (or Kriedler?!) in your future...

no groms no blasters /

DO NOTHING TO IT

make it run and then ride it. you only need fast parts if you're trying to keep up with the fast pack at rallies.

fuel spark compression. that's it! Oh, and don't forget to mix oil with the gas. And replace 40-year-old tires. And tune up or replace the cables and brake pads if they need it.

Larry

Lost power so sorry for the delayed response. Really appreciate you reaching out and the link. Thanks a million

Jack

Ryan...thanks for reaching out and the tip on Myron's...really appreciate it

Jack

no groms no blasters /

#1 moped tip: Use Flat View on the forums.

Guys....to all...sorry on delayed response, slammed in the hurricane....appreciate the tips, guidance and welcome....looking forward to the saltyness that I've read throughout the discussions...I appreciate the whole ball of wax...I'll be asking...

Jack

Stever....thanks, will figure flat view tonight...this is a pain on my phone

Jack

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account