Grande headset play

So I can't find a schematic on how this whole deal works I suspect that the headset is somewhat toast whether or not there are parts for this now that Mike is out of business and sent his stuff over to treatland and none of this stuff ever shows up on their inventory even though he probably had these parts at one time because he was the distributor does anyone have first-hand knowledge of taking this fork apart has any diagrams has any specific advice I'm not going to take apart this triple tree until I understand what's going on here I don't want a whole bunch of parts popping around and I also have to buy a whole new set of wrenches because these nuts are bigger than my my thing my wrenches I use on bikes and other mopeds

Re: Grande headset play

Marc , I just had mine apart. Get The Grande spare parts manual down load. It shows all the parts . Also, it may be missing bearings, mine were not caged and spilled everywhere! P.S. check Myronsmopeds. (edited)

Terbo Speghetti /

There's no nut on the bottom, actually. Just on the top. Try tightening that one and see how it feels

Les can you email or text me the file ?

Dirty30 Dillon /

There should not be a nut at the bottom of the steer tube. That was clearly put in there either a) mistakenly or b) as a spacer to take up space (for whatever reason).

I woul highly suggest rebuilding that. It's very simple.

Thanks Dillon . So if I can find the part list schematic that Les used plus the proper headset parts I'm totally down to take it apart.. are these loose balls or are they in a race cage like the bravo headset. Jerry and I the semiseniles geriatricians of mopeds in Norton motorcycles we are conjured to take off the top nut and sure enough we are able to tighten up this headset and it feels great now The previous owner of this vehicle actually knew what he was doing whenever he did it and I have a suspicion that he rebuilt this headset and when he rebuilt it he either changed the bearings or he made something different and made something different maybe work so I'm going to stick to this for a little while before I start finding out what interesting thing he did because it actually feels good I'm going to take it out to pick up some food at the takeout right now with Jerry He's going to get on his express we're going to zip over to the shopping center big day out in Covid 19 and get some Chinese food and bring it back to his backyard and spend the rest of the afternoon drinking beer I'll get back to you guys soon enjoy You

Emailed it Marc...

Thanks Les ,. So can you snap a picture of the lower part to the triple tree and the lower headset race as assembled on your grande please. I'm now more convinced this second to previous owner made major revisions. It rides sweet now that I tightened the headset. I'm simply wondering if he redesigned the whole thing ...possibly well designed.

Sent your pics Marc.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account