QT 50 shocks and seat foam ideas??

anyone find a good/decent shock for the Yamaha QT 50? The OEM shock is too weak and is just basically a spring.

Also looking for some good seat foam to 'pad' the original seat foam....its been sacked out.

Thanks for any tips

20200716_103741.jpg

Re: QT 50 shocks and seat foam ideas??

How 'big' are you ?

Black Yamaha lettering on the frame would sure compliment your paint job. Doesn't answer your question but lookin' good.

Weighing in at 195 lbs.

Obviously the mounts have to match , but , take a look at something for a bigger bike , like maybe a Ruckus .

Pushrod Fifty /

I use dense white packing foam, layered, glued together with spray adhesive. Easy to cut to shape with a retractable blade.

For the seat , you might consider a few layers of yoga mat to replace any degraded foam .

Jack Rutherford /

treats sells a replacement shock with adjustable stiffness.

I checked it out but was wondering if anyone had any real experience with it. Thanks for the tip, Jack

Jack Rutherford /

I have one on each bike. I’d say it’s an improvement on stock shock. I’ve never bothered adjusting the tension yet but could adjust for a stiffer ride.

Was it worth the money? I appreciate the response. I weigh 195.

I wouldn't say the treats black shock is GREAT, but it is a big improvement over stock. Worth the money. Since you're under 200lb you can easily adjust it to not bottom over every bump.

Thanks, Cameron, I will order me one from Treat's

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account