Anyone with a Tomos A3 Bullet with an MLM SHA intake?

I'm curious to how you run your fuel line....I'm having a hard time with the line kinking when running an inline filter. It's making me mad 🤪

Re: Anyone with a Tomos A3 Bullet with an MLM SHA intake?

Does your sha banjo not rotate? Mine have a screw on the side that allows it to rotate and also be removed for cleaning.

Yeah, it does....I guess I'll play with that.....I'm always weirded out that the carb is above the petcock too....

Yeah. With your petcock turned off, remove your fuel line from the carb, loosen the screw just a touch on the banjo and turn it the direction that will make it work for your setup. Then tighten it back down. Fuel line on, petcock on.

Any luck ? Any pics of your setup Jen? I'm tired of dropping my A3 's engine to clean the carb...

Sorry it took me a minute to reply! This is what I'm currently working with. I do really like this intake....makes rejetting super easy.....

IMG_20200907_205328.jpg

You going to trim the side cover to fit?

This one didn't come with any side covers...so.....🤪

It's hard to tell from the picture, but is that carb sitting level or at an angle? I guess that as long as the front of a SHA is higher than the back, the float will function normally. Sort of like constantly riding uphill?

Looks slightly up to the right, needs to be leveled.

I'll take a peek at that this weekend. I haven't noticed any problems when riding it.....but that's a good observation. I honestly need to rebuild this engine......fall project :)

There’s also two styles of banjo for the SHA, one at about a 45 degree angle and the other straight. That might help

https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=Sha+banjo

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account