Say it ain't so!

I bought plugs for the Vespas . The clerk said they were being discontinued, and he could only get me two. It's my understanding, they are going to be made with permanent resistors . Anybody heard this also?

Re: Say it ain't so!

What plugs are you talking about?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, there's no way NGK is disco'ing one of the most commonly used plugs across the board.

Sorry , it’s the NGK B6HS, he said the new ones, you won’t be able to remove the screw resistors off. He was only able to get two of them . Advance Auto Parts. (edited)

I went to my local O'Reilly's and asked for a non-resistor plug for a Tomos A3 and came home with an Autolite...

Dirty30 Dillon /

That's not a resistor, it's just an adapter to go from small threaded end to click on end. Simply changing your plug cap would take care of that.

Looks like NGK's site seems to agree that they're discontinuing non resistor plugs. That end cap isn't a resistor though

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9405

https://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9231 (edited)

Oh. Well I learned something new today, but anyhow he stated new ones you won’t be able to remove. Wonder why?

Thanks Nick. Thought I was having a senior moment. ;)

I've had dudes at the auto parts store tell me some straight up incorrect shit before. I wouldn't be surprised if he was wrong about being able to remove the cap

Yeah they cross referenced a b8hs with a Bosch and they were some ES plugs. Wasted money.

I ran Denso plugs a lot . Always found them to be very good plugs .

NGK B6HS = Denso W20FS-U

got in an arguement with a grizzly old local auto parts guy who said they dont make Type F fluid anymore

like, dude wanted to fight about it

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> got in an arguement with a grizzly old local auto parts guy who said

> they dont make Type F fluid anymore

>

> like, dude wanted to fight about it

Same shit happened to me with the old dude working the counter at ACE hardware. Told me I couldn't use the largest size of 2 stroke oil they had to mix with gas, and that I had to buy the individual small bottles. Like literally wouldn't let me check out because he didn't want me to waste my money (which I guess is a nice gesture). I told him he was wrong and he argued with me about it for a good 2 minutes until I pointed out the mixing instructions on the back of the big bottle, didn't say another word to me the rest of the transaction

got in an arguement with a grizzly old local auto parts guy who said they dont make Type F fluid anymore

Bought a quart yesterday at Napa to put in a Kreidler. Where is this store? I want to fight the guy. Rip out handfuls of his face hair.

When I bought my Pacer the previous owner had it completely botched.

On the sparkplug they ground the little cap and the boot with a dremel so it would fit, he showed it to me and told me I would "always" have to do that because the new sparkplugs dont fit. I took some pliers and unscrewed it and the look on his face was priceless.

It’s in my notebook PD. Thanks

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

No, you are correct that NGK is discontinuing the non-resistor plugs.

Especially since boots come in both resistor and non resistor, there isn't super a reason to change.

We will all have to cop some non resistor boots

> Les B. Wrote:

> It’s in my notebook PD. Thanks

If you want/need even better overall performance/mileage , use a Denso IWF22 Iridium .

This from Denso :

Even during idling ignition is assured, with less fuel consumption.

The good ignitability from the fine electode (0.4 mm) of IRIDIUM POWER draws out much more performance from the engine. Comparing a normal plug (W20FS-U) with an IRIDIUM POWER (IWF22) on a 2-cycle 50cc engine, fuel consumption improved from 41.74 km/L → 43.69 km/L, an improvement of about 5%.

Note: Mileage measured using a chassis dynamo; actual driving results under normal conditions may vary.

Overpriced Parts /

Shame all mom and pop stores and garages now are replaced with chain stores,

You guys having the same issues with auto parts counter people I do most times, One of the last times was when counter guy said they didn’t make the very large size windshield wiper blades for my wife’s minivan no more.

I said “they still make them, you guys just don’t carry them” the other parts guy on other side says yeah we just don’t carry them“ The guy who is helping me said “well that’s what I meant“

Clueless about exhaust parts, remanufactured parts made wrong, want to charge core charge on new product etc.

We have two newer SS chevys, exhaust, suspension many parts are all completely different/heavy duty and they try to sell us regular crappy LT not SS parts every time and then after we correct them they say “that’s all they carry maybe we can order something“

There wrong about batteries too, You don’t have to have the exact battery if your air conditioner and rear blower doesn’t work and don’t use it for towing,

Your local mom and pop store would get to know you and your needs on personal level

I’m planing on going to the few local parts stores today to buy a used battery if they have one that will work for me,

Most times I have good luck and get a almost new battery for a third of the price of new that somebody returned because their alternator or other parts were bad not the battery,

The best way to tell if a battery is good if it charges down good @10 amps to at least three or four but as near to zero is best.

I don’t care what the their tester tells me If the battery doesn’t charge down from 10 stays on 10 or near 10 it’s no good and will damage your alternator/leave you stranded, As usual I’m going to bring a 10 amp battery charger with me and test it right outside the store,

Go to a oil change place and they’ll let the air out of your larger 45 or 60 psi tires by going off panel inside the door, Tire places only wanna sell you the same size tire even though ones 2 sizes bigger will fit,

Dirty30 Dillon /

Why would you buy a used battery?

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Why would you buy a used battery?

Cost . I've had 'reconditioned' batteries last for years .

Dirty30 Dillon /

> P D Wrote:

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Why would you buy a used battery?

>

> Cost . I've had 'reconditioned' batteries last for years .

Obviously they cost less, but there's really no way to "recondition" a battery. It's not like they are going to split the shell, clean the plates and put new electrolyte in there?

I just don't understand why Ken will whack on anyone not buying a TrailTech for every bike they own, but won't buy a new car battery...

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> I went to my local O'Reilly's and asked for a non-resistor plug for a

> Tomos A3 and came home with an Autolite...

Autolites always work great on my MO2 engines.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Obviously they cost less, but there's really no way to "recondition" a

> battery. It's not like they are going to split the shell, clean the

> plates and put new electrolyte in there?

>

Depending on how complete a job , there are ways to recondition wet cell auto batteries . Just replacing the electrolyte with an Epsom salt solution can add years to battery usefulness . That's likely the process used by so called reconditioning shops . Along with maybe a quick exterior cleaning .

I've read about hydrogen peroxide being used to help clean sulphated plates .

I've even seen an instance where a bike battery was topped off with hydrogen peroxide , which brought it back to useful life after recharging .

Pushrod Fifty /

No way to recondition a battery, once the separators degrade, the battery cells short out against each other.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> once the separators degrade, the

> battery cells short out against each other.

But , if that^ hasn't happened yet or other catastrophic short ... ;)

Overpriced Parts /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Why would you buy a used battery?

>

> >

>

> > Cost . I've had 'reconditioned' batteries last for years .

>

> Obviously they cost less, but there's really no way to "recondition" a

> battery. It's not like they are going to split the shell, clean the

> plates and put new electrolyte in there?

>

> I just don't understand why Ken will whack on anyone not buying a

> TrailTech for every bike they own, but won't buy a new car battery...

I bought many new car batteries, the problem is /was when I had five surgeries and had Complications almost every time the past six years nobody started the cars or charged batteries when I was bedridden and I lost $500 or more!

I use plugs that the end won't screw off by just grinding down th tip to a smaller diameter so the plug wire will go on to it. I am running one like that now.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account