STOLEN MOPED - DULUTH MN

my 74 Maxi was stolen from Bent Paddle Brewing in Duluth MN this morning around 10:00am. Should be an easy spot, top tank conversion, pull-start with a E50 Eurokit.

Keep an eye out for the piece of human trash that took it....

20200818_121005.jpg

Re: STOLEN MOPED - DULUTH MN

Sux to hear, will keep eyes open in case it makes it's way to Mpls, what a great looking bike, should be easy to spot, call it in stolen, I see it's plated, best of luck with recovery!

That just sucks balls. I hope you find it and its still in good shape.

Damn! That is a clean bike. Sucks bad!

eBay or craigslist for parts, now do you guys don't chained your moped when parked? Just curious

I do. Big ol fat chain... except this time. Which is my mistake... I was just running into the office for a few and didn't think I needed it for how short of a time I was in there.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

Man that sucks. The city is 26 miles long and about 3 across. 71 sq miles is a lot to cover but I'm sure someone will spot it. Largest small town I've ever lived in.

I don't understand people not chaining up ur moped with a short log chain Everytime it's parked without you. Don't use a bicycle chain. Drug addicts will cut it with snips.

I dont know why we have to shame him. Hasn't he had it hard enough.

> Marky Mark Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I don't understand people not chaining up ur moped with a short log

> chain Everytime it's parked without you. Don't use a bicycle chain. Drug

> addicts will cut it with snips.

Yeah why don't you shut the fuck up. I've had locked shit stolen before. Get the fuck out of here with your victim shaming.

UPDATE this has been recovered with minimal damage!

> That Kackman Wrote:

> UPDATE this has been recovered with minimal damage!

Yay!!! How'd you get it back?

"minimal damage", think about it.

Awesome! Recovery story?

Maybe the recovery story is omitted for legal reasons.

Any of you ever daydream about anti-theft booby traps?

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Maybe the recovery story is omitted for legal reasons.

>

> Any of you ever daydream about anti-theft booby traps?

All the time, Land mines

The One And Only /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Maybe the recovery story is omitted for legal reasons.

>

> Any of you ever daydream about anti-theft booby traps?

A hidden flamethrower in the exhaust pipe.

A 12in quick release steel spike in the seat.

Electrified handlebars.

Vice grips in the crotch of the seat.

Just to name a few of my favorites...

Land mines seem a bit excessive.

I was thinking more like a dye pack charge in the steering tube.

Military type smoke grenade.

That sort of thing.

The One And Only /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> Land mines seem a bit excessive.

>

> I was thinking more like a dye pack charge in the steering tube.

>

> Military type smoke grenade.

>

> That sort of thing.

I seen those booby trap smoke grenades before. If I saw somebody drivin down the road with a smoke screen I am callin the cops. But what about those who dont know? I cant see anybody willin to make the call about somethin like that, at least not here in the boonies.

glad you got it back,i just noticed that mine has a steering lock with the key in it. I do go to wally world and park it close to wear people go in and never worry about it. probably just a joy rider huh? I guess growing up in minnesota I didnt worry about stuff like that in a small town.

Would pay to see thieves get hurt stealing.

^ Love this so much....can't believe people are so oblivious as to not see the rope, they deserve everything they get. :)

> That Kackman Wrote:

> UPDATE this has been recovered with minimal damage!

GREAT! Can you prosecute the low-life that took it?

I have had some ballsy ass puncks steal a couple mopeds out of my garage before. Tell me how I should have had big ass chains on them inside there too. And yeah the garage was locked before they broke in. Thieves be thieves. Locks are only deterrents for honest people.

Glad you got your bike back.

I still haven't seen any indication of mine stolen last month. I expect it was either a) some local kids who nabbed it to play around on and it's hiding in a backyard somewhere or dumped where nobody's gonna see it and get 'em in trouble

or b) some amateur bike thieves who grabbed it thinking it'd be worth something. both scare me.

if a, i'll probably never see it again unless someone finds it and decides to sell it, or it winds up impounded and the police call to charge me with abandoning it and extort me outta some impound fees

and if b) typical bike thievery winds up with a buncha bikes going to a handler who moves them together to another state to sell easier with much lower risk. a thief would see it and think oh that's worth money and just as easy to nab and push away, but any bike fence is gonna see that and identify it as a big risk having a registered traceable vin, besides being way more space and difficulty to move it and a smaller market to sell it. so then it winds up crushed for scrap.

honestly the things I've been missing most aren't the bike, it's the stuff on it. that had my good lock, my cellphone holder, my temp gauge, my toolkit etc etc. despite being a pretty irreplaceable bike, it's the other shit that I actually need to replace that really irks me. like I have other bikes, but now I have to buy other gauges and tools and shit

cool you found yers! (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account