New member, new toys

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/-QhmVPGZSZWashf_TxxYGw.nPWXCkoeYc9d05E18O2Gaq

First time posting, hopefully the pics come through ok.

Haven’t ridden a moped since I was a teen and a friend had two of them....we rode all over hell on those things. Decided I needed some type of project my son would be interested in enough to get him away from video games....he likes using tools so why not something fun to use?

Anyway, I know the Peugeot is a 102 sp u3....or something very close. It’s complete but was told the clutch is out. I cleaned the carb and finally got it running, but running is all it did, so I guess the clutch is out. On Treatland, is there a “kit” for the clutch? Everything that would be needed, or do I just need certain components?

The owner’s manual on the wiki page won’t download for me...not sure if the link has changed or something else going on.

The Motobecane....well this thing is certainly going to be our “project”. Can anyone identify the model based on the pics? We’re going to clear out some shop space so we can tear this thing apart for a fresh build, but I need to know what model to order parts for. If you need a pic of something specific, just let me know.

I’ll go ahead and put this out there on post #1, I’m NOT a mechanic, so I’ll have lots of questions....I’m guessing a few will seem a bit stupid...but I’m competent enough that I’ll get along just fine with a little instruction.

Crossing fingers here that when I hit post, pictures go with it!!!

Re: New member, new toys

That Motobecane is either an AV7 or an av10. I only say av10 cause it looks like it has a dellorto carburetor, that proma pipe (looks like some vintage tech I've never seen) and maybe even a kit, so somebody enjoyed that bike. If you decide to get a different exhaust don't throw out that pipe, sell it.

Have you tried flipping the little switch on the pulley on the Peugeot? Maybe it's in pedal mode, not motor mode. (edited)

Oh shit....here we go with dumb question number one.

What switch on the pulley?

It’s certainly in pedal mode, I had to pedal four quarts of sweat from my body to finally her her running. Didn’t realize I had to “switch” anything to make it go.

> Skip Allen Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh shit....here we go with dumb question number one.

>

> What switch on the pulley?

>

> It’s certainly in pedal mode, I had to pedal four quarts of sweat from

> my body to finally her her running. Didn’t realize I had to “switch”

> anything to make it go.

It's possible it's already turned and your clutch is non-existent I guess. You gotta push this little plastic thumb switch thing either in towards the pedal shaft or out towards the pulley diameter

Screenshot_20200825-231926.png

If you got it running without touching the switch it is in engine mode.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you got it running without touching the switch it is in engine mode.

Sometimes on some bikes (like hero majestics) the switch is sort of in between and it makes both pedalling and motoring less effective

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account