Moped Titling in Maine?

Is it possible to get a title for a vintage moped in Maine? I know the state requires titles for motorcycles with engine sizes of 300cc or larger. The 250cc Vino I used to have totally had a title, though.

It looks like other states do require titles for mopeds and I want to see if I can get that out of the way just in case I move sometime. The fleet’s gotta come with me!

Re: Moped Titling in Maine?

The best way to do it is to keep everything registered. When you move to your new state, take all the registrations to the DMV, tell them you moved from Maine and they don't title mopeds there, the clerk will check and confirm that, and then they'll give you a title

Oh! Well that’s easy, then. Thank you!

No title in maine for mopeds

No title needed for any vehicle older than 25 years. Which applies to most peds. Just need a bill of sale.

Thanks everyone! The bike’s already registered in Maine and all that. Just figured having a title might be helpful. But it sounds like an current registration is just as good for the situations I’m thinking of!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account