Moby Kill/Horn Switch Differences?

Pushrod Fifty /
20200829_144217.jpg

Are there different kill switches used on 50V Mobys? My 1977 had two positions when turned, one running and the other kill, which would activate the horn until it stopped running. My 1977 is spring loaded when turned to kill the engine but has to held there until the engine stops and it doesnt activate the horn. (edited)

Re: Moby Kill/Horn Switch Differences?

`Kill' is usually just grounding the ignition wire. `Run' position keeps this wire away from ground (touching nothing).

Not sure about Moby horn wire.

There must be, my 77 50v had the 2 position and my '78 has the spring loaded one, I never use them, always shut down with the de-comp. Yes the older ones ran the horn when used, was also a way to remind you the switch was in the off position if you failed to return it to run before next use.

Pushrod Fifty /

I liked the 2 postion horn one that I had, it used to freak people out. My headlight isnt very bright but all other lights are, I have to check into that, and my pedal hits the variator while underway, but at a standstill it has about 1/8" of clearance. I replaced the motor mounts and reassembled with the same distance of the left one sticking out from the flange of .10". I may have to move them to the right a little.

Check all grounds and condition of ground strap. Something is amiss if the engine is shifting that much, did you replace the lower engine mount as well?

Pushrod Fifty /

Yes I did and the strap is fine.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account