Anyone familiar or had work done at Tomahawk Tuning in L.A?

I have a friend that lives near there, looking to get work done, first moped, and asked what my thoughts were. I don't know much about them other than the guy is French.

Re: Anyone familiar or had work done at Tomahawk Tuning in L.A?

check out his youtube channel

Emil Kniemel /

I asked him how much it would cost to stretch my hobbit frame.

He said $300 lol.

Fuck that guy

Your not the only person i heard say fuck that guy. Still not enough reason to discount a guy.Must have done something not good to have people on MA not support someone involved with mopeds

He doesn't support any other club or group in mopeds. I don't know why. He often criticizes or ignores the community local to him. I've been impressed by his Instagram pics while at the same time seeing first hand some botched simple repairs. My take is if your friend wants to spend a lot of money to have someone build a performance bike for him, take it to Tomahawk. If it's minor repairs and service he should just learn it himself.

It's my understanding he doesn't build any of his motors, he pays some old french dudes to do them. So one of the most impressive part of his builds aren't his work. I could be wrong but I've heard that a few times

Dude’s a hack

Surprised he doesn't come by MA to show some projects and be part of the community, maybe he knows he will be called out. You would think MA would be a good reference for a business, but what do i know. My friend understands all the resources online to help him figure what he was looking for.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

as crazy as the posters on MA are, they generally know their shit if they keep coming back here.

Crazy Wayne is crazy, but like, he knows how to make a bike work

He did used to post here and then I think he went on a butt hurt rant about not being appreciated and stopped posting. I think his ego didn't get stroked enough probably?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, he was only here to get fluffed up.

I have heard from multiple folks that the motors are built off-site and shipped in.

Always his whine-fest when he get locked out by Victor at Moped GP didn't really ingratiate him with the community.

Dave Thacker /

I appreciate his english vids. No foul in earning a living doing what you want to do.

Ya his videos are fun to watch.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,3685260,page=1

Being in the East coast it is always interesting to hear what in the West coast say. Probably don’t even need to post MO. But I am board....

Word out here I have heard....is Shaw use to build his motors....maybe still does. Doesn’t really matter. Maybe urban legend?!?

If people are will to pay for his work 🤷🏼‍♂️ Let him work. Not too many people still doing what he does. However I never understood his standoffishness with the whole MA community though. He always seemed to take things the wrong way and get upset. (edited)

the work of building the motors is pretty easy anyway, like why should that be sent out? that wonderbread moby is cool. the hard part is spending all the money tho haha

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I mean I'd pay to have one Shaw motor for sure

His Instagram always has pics of motors at his shop in various stages of being rebuilt. If he's sending them out, does he have them sent back after porting them just so he can take pics, then send them back to get rebuilt?

I've met him and raced with him a few times. Always was cool to me. I mean, he's french, but I wouldn't hold that against him.

I remember Shaw from the Myron Mopeds rides days. He always came through for every ride with something cool. I think it was Shaun who told me or someone, that he was a god in San Francisco. Haven’t seen him forever, whatever he is up to, hope he is well .

I had one of his actual motors that he posted about building years ago that I bought in california and my god was it fucked up. It was wildly amateurish work by any standard. Word always was that he had his motors built by someone else and I believe this was one he tried to build himself and blog it but the blog stopped before it was finished, and I know why. I've seen bikes of his at the track that did the thing they were supposed to but found out later the actual important parts where imported prebuilt. Either way his actual personal handling of most of his interactions with the larger community have left pretty much everyone at odds with him. To the point years ago he stopped making videos in english because he claimed he didn't want people here to get his tips.

Instagram is pretty easy to fake.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account