Resetting Vespa flywheel

Well I did as suggested. look for the obvious problems first. It’s the flywheel. I must think it’s on properly, then when I tightened everything it’s off a bit. I never had a problem resetting a flywheel. But this one is frustrating. Any tips? It goes so far then the magnets just pull it down .

Re: Resetting Vespa flywheel

Before you tighten the nut , set it just as much off in the opposite direction as it goes off when you tighten it .

That way , it should be right on when you tighten the nut . ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Les, I'm guessing your saying that the woodruff is not seating properly? Vespas can be kinda hard, given the tight tolerances between the flyweight and casing, so I have found a little dab of CA glue is pretty useful when get a overly loose key into the way. It typically doesn't survive the engine heat, so it's not even a bear to remove.

What’s so funny!? It was the flywheel. Peddles like no ones business . But, I got no spark plus a fuel leak! Getting there fellas! Time for some gummies! There’s always tomorrow 8)

D0D3B31D-09B1-4DFD-AB37-869EB71E63D9.jpeg

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /

> Les B. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What’s so funny!? It was the flywheel. Peddles like no ones business .

> But, I got no spark plus a fuel leak! Getting there fellas! Time for

> some gummies! There’s always tomorrow 8)

that's an A+ winning attitude my dude, love it

> TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> that's an A+ winning attitude my dude, love it

Gotta be that Steelcase insulated shirt he wears . LOL

Hey! It's a moped thing! Gotta love 'm!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account