Tomos ! Tx 50

Hey! Just snagged this little ripper for $120. Wasnt running when I got it, so I do what's done first.. clean the carb. And boom! She fired up.. took it down the street a few blocks and she sputtered and died out.. couldnt get her to start back up. Took the 52 jet that came with it and replaced it with a 57 out of another a35 dellurto carb I had laying around and she hasnt gave me an issue sense.. top speed i hit with gps was 26. Not shabby. Looking for the right plastic if anyone has one haha.

I was wondering if the a35 that came with the tx50 was the same as the ones found in other tomos like the targa.. If so, what are the differences? Got 2 project tomos targas lx underway and possibly a few more added to that this weekend! Thanks!

20200909_201638.jpg

Re: Tomos ! Tx 50

Looking for a heavy duty rear shock as well if anyone has a colibri one.. about 250mm 10.5 ish inches ..

20200910_212419.jpg

Sweet little ride right there. The engine is the same on any a35 tomos of that year. I dont think they did different internal gearing setups, so the only difference is the larger sprocket they put on them for more low end, and to limit top speeds.

I feel like you have all the plastics that bike comes with already, what is missing?

Thanks for the info! That's what I was thinking as well.. I'm missing the right side plastic.. unfortunatly treats has a bunch of left sides, but no right. (edited)

20200911_111247.jpg

ck šŸŒ§šŸŒ§šŸŒ§ /

these are fun as fuck. we have one at our shop. i have a burn scar on my thigh from wrecking it.

The motor is the same a35 that is on any other tomos bike. Your best bet for a shock is to buy a pitbike mono shock, I used this one on my build, but I also added big wheels so I needed a longer one. If you weigh more than 140 Iā€™d suggest getting a stiffer one.

C40E080B-649D-410B-A082-E41CF0C3ECDF.png

Thanks for the ebay listing. The ones I was looking at were 80+. Actually been thinking of extending the rear swing arm and possibly change out the forks and run some 16s from some other tomos I have.. kinda want wires though haha. Post a pic if you have one. I'd love to see it

> Will Vandermeer Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the ebay listing. The ones I was looking at were 80+.

> Actually been thinking of extending the rear swing arm and possibly

> change out the forks and run some 16s from some other tomos I have..

> kinda want wires though haha. Post a pic if you have one. I'd love to

> see it

TX50 fucked a Revival and..

1A6FC729-9CE5-4A44-ADB2-DEA9912CAF03.jpeg

That thing is gnarly! Love it!

Damn man that things rad af, pretty much what I pictured in my head of what I wanted to do.

Howd you weld the swingarm ? You get 2 ? Have any close up pics ? Thanks man

Soo... I'm picking up something Monday. I can't wait haha. Had to snag it quick. So many parts.. or to rebuild

20200912_215318.jpg

> Will V Wrote:

> Howd you weld the swingarm ? You get 2 ? Have any close up pics ? Thanks

> man

You have 3 options really, take a tx50 swing arm and extend it like I had done with sliding in metal stock on the hollow arms and bracing it. Take 2 tx50 swing arms and combine them, or or take a revival swing arm and weld up a mono shock mount.

9A64A531-6E72-4837-827A-A8607681530A.jpeg

> Will V Wrote:

> Soo... I'm picking up something Monday. I can't wait haha. Had to snag

> it quick. So many parts.. or to rebuild

I've never seen a Revival in such rough shape . ;(

Oh man I want that revival for a chopper project I have in my head!

> P D Wrote:

> I've never seen a Revival in such rough shape . ;(

Yah man this things seen war šŸ˜‚. Couldn't go wrong for 100 though.. turns over and has spark

Good thing I just snagged a revival! But I want a wide wheel on a lx frame I have.. I have a lead for a tx 50 swing arm for $30.. might snag that

> Garrett The Kid Wrote:

> > Will Vandermeer Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Thanks for the ebay listing. The ones I was looking at were 80+.

>

> > Actually been thinking of extending the rear swing arm and possibly

>

> > change out the forks and run some 16s from some other tomos I have..

>

> > kinda want wires though haha. Post a pic if you have one. I'd love to

>

> > see it

>

> TX50 fucked a Revival and..

Did you need a dished front sprocket ?

« Go to Topics ā€” end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account