Front shocks on 1979 motobecane

Brian Stephens /

Hello-

Can anyone give me advice on what to do about my loose front shocks on my motobecane? Are they adjustable?

Thank you

AA27E33B-1D20-4DF3-AEF5-E36830B2BDCC.jpeg

Re: Front shocks on 1979 motobecane

Not sure what you mean by loose. But the top plate has 3 nuts that can be tightened down. Start there.

Brian Stephens /

There is a lot of play in up down movement? Is this where I can tighten them? Do I need to take handle bars off?

Thank you

image.jpg

todd amundson /

Hi, The shock rod is just below your top plate. Left shock needs to be depressed in order to install the chrome top cap and funky top nut. Make sure all those nuts associated with the trees are tight. There's no adjusting those.

Take off the front wheel and treat them independently. Seeing you have the french nut off one leg you may as well withdraw the leg and give it a goodly clean. The end fitting screws into the spring and the leg screws into the other end of the spring. Thats about all there is to the moby shock. Grease it goodly with fresh clean GP grease, make sure the end fitting it screwed well into the spring and the spring is equally well attached to the top of the leg and reassemble.

Best plan would be to do same-same to the right fork leg and spring.

50vforks.jpg

> Brian Stephens Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There is a lot of play in up down movement? Is this where I can tighten

> them? Do I need to take handle bars off?

>

> Thank you

Brian Stephens /

Thank you:)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account