Motobecane model 7 engine carrier mount thing/head options

so... you know how the model 7 has a different orientation for engine mounts and also a carrier that attaches to the av7 case. I cannot for the life of me find those carriers for sale anywhere. or even any information or diagrams or anything!

the reason im curious is that im putting new mount bushings on there soon and it looks one end of the screws fit into the carrier. Im worried about damaging the carrier since... well... the model 7 is old AF and i cant seem to locate any replacements.

on another note. Im wondering about plopping on a new cylinder head and hopefully getting the squish back on track but most new heads have the mount on there that would take up space and rub against the Model 7 frame.

Does anybody have experience with these issues?

thanks!!

Re: Motobecane model 7 engine carrier mount thing/head options

Not sure what you mean when you keep saying 'carrier' and not wanting to damage it. Engine has two threaded rods that slip into the bushings parallel to the frame. There are screws on the back of each one. And a third mount on the bottom for the engine spring. Are you missing the engine or something?

https://www.1977mopeds.com/product-p/774910.htm

Oh and for the head. I think you'd have to chop off the mount on a different head if you wanted something different. Might be able to fit it on there if you rotate it 180 but not sure if decomp would hit frame. I've never tried. (edited)

hey thanks! i do mean the brackets. ive heard them called carriers somewhere else on moped army. still searching for more info but so far thats the only image ive seen. maybe ill send 1977 a message, see if they have one around.

4B9F62D3-E348-4771-8B23-CD168B5F03EE.jpeg

No don't buy from 77. Try Dos Cycles first. They'd be more likely to have it. Or maybe mopedjunkyard.

Mounts are same same to other Moby mounts for the head and the lower counter spring mount. Get a couple of nyloc nuts M8. The way I get rusted up fasteners off intact is to hit up the exposed threads with a wire wheel on a drill, then "paint" them with a little vinegar, and hit it again with the wire wheel once the vinegar dries. That removes the corrosion, etches the thread just a wee but then cleans them up nice, you can put the penetrating oil to the threaded portion after all that.

Crappy but still legible detail pic of the Ranger 7 mounting with fastener sizes in English...

Ranger7mountdetail.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account