Direct Drive with chain and sprocket?

Had Any one done a Direct Drive with chain and sprocket from motor to first swing arm pulley? if so can anyone tell me where I can find that sprocket that will fit with the spline that on the first pulley?

pulley.png

Re: Direct Drive with chain and sprocket?

Dirty30 Dillon /

You're trying to put a new sprocket on the Doppler clutch pulley? Or you're trying to replace the belt with a chain?

Trading a variable speed belt setup for a single speed chain setup would be a big step in the wrong direction.

On normal conditions I agree. but the build is going in a different direction

I have a different motor going on.. will explain later, but basically need that back pulley to be a sprocket.

What does your setup currently have? That is Matts TSA with a variated setup. Single speed is cool but you would still need a belt drive.

> Ian Fierling Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I have a different motor going on.. will explain later, but basically

> need that back pulley to be a sprocket.

You could weld a sprocket to the pedal shaft as long as the motor has a clutch. We would need more details to give advice.

Is there no one that makes A Doppler clutch pulley but just a sprocket? or is this possible it? https://www.wandamotor.fi/variator-kymco-50cc-p-37613.html?language=en

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Ian Fierling Wrote:

> Is there no one that makes A Doppler clutch pulley but just a sprocket?

> or is this possible it?

> https://www.wandamotor.fi/variator-kymco-50cc-p-37613.html?language=en

There is not, because that would not service a purpose outside an extreme custom application.

Obviously the variator you linked is not a drive chain size, it's merely to engage the e-start on the Kymco. IN addition, the plate is much small than you're looking for.

You're being a little too vague about what your idea/goal is for this component for anyone to help. Needless to say, you will not find a bolt-on pulley-sized sprocket for this clutch.

Russell Huddy /

Are you looking for a sprocket for a chain or teeth like in your picture for a starter motor?

Stock spx clutch pulley has teeth for a starter (much smaller diameter then that kymco). But,final chain drive is on the other side of the bike so that’s an issue. Never looked at the Doppler for the spx (edited)

there are singlespeed mobys and pugs, but they still have a belt. why don't you just attach a belt pulley to the output shaft of whatever engine you're putting in it instead of making the pulley a sprocket.

Rebel Gear can make anything if I remember right. Make a drawing and give them a call.

I sent them one of my old sprockets and they made me a new one from it. They even decided how many teeth to cut to work with the engine I built.

Give them a try. Let me know what happens.

A kart clutch mounted on a jackshaft might work.

have a machinist turn your doppler pulley down and drill it making it a sprocket carrier that fits the commonly available sprockets of your choice.

or start from scratch. it just has to take the bearing and the clutch shoe posts.

your new special motor better be spinning 1:1 - crank : output shaft, or your doppler's primary drive ratio reduction will render things quite short.

i.e. if you are running the peugeot transmission after a multi gear transmission, you'll get nothing extra for top end unless you run taller gearing on your new intermediate chain drive than was previously set up on the belt system. stock is something like .25:1 unvariated up to .5:1 fully variated? it's been a while...

but then again, you wouldn't need the doppler clutch because an engine with a transmission is going to have a clutch... you would just need idler sprockets to carry the chain run?

so you are running like a model airplane motor or what?

why not run a pulley on the output of your new motor and stay belt?

Tell us what the motor is!

It's a 10kw bldc electric motor that's why I need a direct drive... everyone is making this over complicated because you hung on the motor!

might you have a link

> Ian Fierling Wrote:

> It's a 10kw bldc electric motor that's why I need a direct drive...

> everyone is making this over complicated because you hung on the motor!

Not really. Knowing the motor is the most important part. This is because it all depends if you have a clutch in the motor. You could bypass that whole pedal shaft area and run a chain directly to the rear sprocket from the motor depending on what it is and location of the motor.

Id love to see the electric motor's output shaft turned down to accept a peugeot vario, and then setup just like normal (spring, swinging engine, etc.) I know they pretty much already have no problem with low end torque, but would be kinda fun. Otherwise, just run the chain from the motor to the rear wheel. I'm pretty certain that's what everyone else does (edited)

use a stock peugeot rear pulley, a pulley on the electric motor, and a v belt.

no clutch.

^ do this

Ditch the clutch altogether. Unless you really want it as a novelty or something, it's just going to rob power from the electric motor

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account