Moped Jumping

Who's holding? I want to jump one but it seems like it would just destroy it which is lame.. Has anyone managed to jump reliably? I remember having trouble keeping my rt100 rear wheel together so I suspect maybe the answer is no.

Re: Moped Jumping

Why would you want to....

Re: Moped Jumping

It would be cool having an extremely lightweight jumping/wheelie machine. Like a superman cape.... Idk why not? Unless physics, lol....

Re: Moped Jumping

I jump speed bumps and curbs on my Hobbit with a stock suspension all the time. Been doing it regularly for 6-7 years without anything catastrophic happening, knock on wood

Re: Moped Jumping

I'm talking maybe 3-4 feet you know just a nice small flight through the air... haha.

Re: Moped Jumping

If it is a step through moped then you stand the chance of catastrophic failure at the tank base and the moped will taco up on you without warning. Upper stress bar can help here but still do not see the point of the exercise.

Re: Moped Jumping

Ok so one day I was really bored and read a book about jet packs, it was really cool!!

I want to know could the moped be made to survive small jumps and still be light weight? How much weight would be added? Could it be made to fly and be much lighter than a dirtbike.........idk I kind of feel like I am answering my own question.... maybe not...

I just think of a pinto or some shit jumping off of small dirt ramps as being awesome! But I feel like this may not be possible unless on the moon......

Re: Moped Jumping

> Your Mother Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I just think of a pinto or some shit jumping off of small dirt ramps as

> being awesome! But I feel like this may not be possible unless on the

> moon......

Re: Moped Jumping

No.

Re: Moped Jumping

Thanks for sharing Nick. I am glad to see others possess the urge to soar..

Re: Moped Jumping

Or just do what me and my roommate did and buy a DT50 and hit a lame-ass jump made out of pallets that were chilling in the alley while dressed like Borat.

(edited)

Re: Moped Jumping

Overpriced Parts /

Not really jumping but how about motor-crossing derbi Variants for a six hour race

Re: Moped Jumping

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I was just thinking there wasn't enough moped content on failarmy...

Re: Moped Jumping

Dirty30 Dillon /

I just did a 25 mile offroad loop the otherday that included a fair share of jumps.

Mopeds can handle jumps, if you are willing to change them. Stock? Short-lived but definitely fun off jumps

Re: Moped Jumping

I've jumped a Tomos on accident going about 25-30 into an alleyway, full throttle. Long enough to watch my shadow on the ground of my entire bike midair and with enough hang time to think "i've never fucking jumped a bike before". I had to replace the fork tubes but I still ride that Tomos (when it fucking runs, christ)

Re: Moped Jumping

Didn't awful knawful try jumping a moped over the worm river back in the 70s?

Re: Moped Jumping

i watched a guy destroy a general top tank on a dirt bike track. first jump, killed the bike, and knocked the rider out for a few minutes. ive never seen a front wheel hub explode like that. not to mention all the other things trashed on the bike. there is a picture of the carnage somewhere on the internet. i did not take pics because i was horrified the dude killed himself. so in my opinion the answer is yes you can jump a moped.

Re: Moped Jumping

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Your Mother Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I just think of a pinto or some shit jumping off of small dirt ramps

> as

>

> > being awesome! But I feel like this may not be possible unless on the

>

> > moon......

>

>

Take me back lads.

Re: Moped Jumping

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i watched a guy destroy a general top tank on a dirt bike track. first

> jump, killed the bike, and knocked the rider out for a few minutes. ive

> never seen a front wheel hub explode like that. not to mention all the

> other things trashed on the bike. there is a picture of the carnage

> somewhere on the internet. i did not take pics because i was horrified

> the dude killed himself. so in my opinion the answer is yes you can jump

> a moped.

Are you talking about Mike Vinings?

Re: Moped Jumping

Depends on the bike and how you have it set up. Problem I've had is that the bike lacks the needed power right at the jump to get air correctly. If you have jumped bikes before you know that you dont hit the jump at a full speed. You come up slower and gas it at the base of the jump which helps your front end come off at a higher angle. Mopeds have a tough enough time going up slight inclines. But I have gotten some air off of small "jumps" on a moped, but the landings always sound crazy cuz the suspension was not built for a landing.

Re: Moped Jumping

This was a movie......I feel like this was a movie....

Edit- this was a movie

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Rod_(2007_film ) (edited)

Re: Moped Jumping

Someone post the video of the guy hitting a ramp, doing a flip, and landing in the water.

Re: Moped Jumping

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Someone post the video of the guy hitting a ramp, doing a flip, and

> landing in the water.

Re: Moped Jumping

> Trent Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Someone post the video of the guy hitting a ramp, doing a flip, and

> landing in the water.

I already did, like 3rd response to this post

Re: Moped Jumping

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yes, Virginia. you can jump a moped but alas you can't really jump anything on a moped...

Get a set of running stilts...

Re: Moped Jumping

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Trent Anderson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Someone post the video of the guy hitting a ramp, doing a flip, and

>

> > landing in the water.

>

> I already did, like 3rd response to this post

My bad, I failed to click on the link

Re: Moped Jumping

They have the same haircuts as when they started in super troopers.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account