Sleepers

Who's got bikes that look like a slow piece of crap, but actually rip?

I'm not talking about your giant carbed and obnoxious piped, stripped down racer, I'm talking about a piece of shit looking bike like my Carabela:

IMG_20201011_0934492.jpg

Took it to the donut derelict car show yesterday, and it's 9 miles each way of mostly flat, smooth blacktop, and I hit 43mph.

Modded SHA:

IMG_20201011_0932173.jpg

Mild pipe with all the wrong dimensions:

IMG_20201011_0934542.jpg

No porting, 49cc, 16" wheels, heavy ass bike, almost 10mph gain over stock specs.

What you got?

Re: Sleepers

Pushrod Fifty /

Freshly cleaned and repacked wheel bearings can slow you down 10mph vs. dry loose ones.

I want to put my garelli up on this but I'm afraid it is too clean still.

It can be clean, just not all raced out.

Got a red Motomarina, looks average, does 40 ish wit a 60cc kit on an MO2 engine.

Is this to nice looking? Pretty much a pile of parts from all bikes. Has motron frame, garelli fork, 64 Yamaha yg1k front rim ( has large drum, and stops on a dime), also yg1 speedo and headlight. Home made intake and pipe. Bike rips

20200731_063229.jpg
20200731_063402.jpg

Thats rad, that Carabela can do 43 mph, looking beat like that gives it character though

Also cant see the other pedal arm but I cut and weld the arm so they are both down, almost like pegs. Minarelli pedal arms are super short so dont scrape in corners. Cant pedal it but a good running bike you should be able to kick start with a few kicks on the stand.

20200731_063415.jpg

Both of these bikes actually.

20200621_093240.jpg

They are both 35+ mph bikes. Yeah kits and pipes and carbs. But just sha carbs and mild pipes. Fun bikes to rip around and start up every time. (edited)

A26676EE-8290-47DC-854E-7C00D06C1AAE.jpeg

All stock modded parts. Fun as hell. (edited)

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Both of these bikes actually.

>

> They are both 35+ mph bikes. Yeah kits and pipes and carbs. But just

> sha carbs and mild pipes. Fun bikes to rip around and start up every

> time.

Yeah I like simple sha carbs. They run nice on polini kitted v1. Dont rip as hard a mikuni but I'm not about ripping anymore. Just want to be safe and keep up with traffic.

Damn that vogue I want one Soo bad.

I currently have only one multi stage carb, and I'm not sure how much longer I will keep it on the bike I have it on. Sha's are only dumb until you figure out how to tune them.

Picked this out of the trash and although its still ghetto it was found in much poorer condition - unused for the last 30 years and it fired up the day i brought it home with a bit of gas down the plug hole - two carb cleans two rounds of tank vinegar - new plug - battery - air filter and gear oil and a metric shit ton of elbow grease later it rips to 35 almost instantly and will do 40 flat and more downhill -

P1040294.JPG

na i'm way more likely to play with aesthetics and make something funny or silly rather than just fast. I mean I can dig it, but never managed to make it a goal. had plenty of stock looking bikes but they were all pretty stock inside too, maybe port and mild mods - 40 & reliable a pretty consistent goal

This turd is a face melter.

20201012_143922.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account