Custom Puch Cases

Pablo Puchasso /

Why isn’t anyone making them? Also, why hasn’t anyone made a cool clear clutch case? (Like this simson one)

7A9881E0-42BD-4FF8-821A-3A876CD9E738.jpeg

I know there are clear flywheel covers, but seems like loads of bikes have aftermarket cases... think VDM might start making them?

Re: Custom Puch Cases

Clear cases would be neat. Get to see everything break!

Tweaker trash /

Haha i actually had an idea to make a clear clutch cover. It actually super simply if your running a clutch bell thaTo been cut down and using pull start. It’s literally just a flat piece of plexiglass and four bolt holes.

The only issue is that every clear cover on the market leaks even the big v8 rocker covers, they leak too. They look cool but thatS it, after a few heat cycles they are like a hooker 10 beers deep trying to walk a straight line

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I've wanted one for a Minarelli for a long time

My question is how it would hold up to heat after a while. Looks neat but wondering about the longevity.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Optically clear aluminum...

Wait for the price drop in twenty years...

Star Trek shit...

Dirty30 Dillon /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Optically clear aluminum...

>

> Wait for the price drop in twenty years...

>

> Star Trek shit...

AlON is technically a ceramic, and given the current costs better make that weight 40 years.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> > ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Optically clear aluminum...

>

> >

>

> > Wait for the price drop in twenty years...

>

> >

>

> > Star Trek shit...

>

> AlON is technically a ceramic, and given the current costs better make

> that weight 40 years.

Make the whole motor out this stuff.

Tweaker trash /

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> My question is how it would hold up to heat after a while. Looks neat

> but wondering about the longevity.

They don’t last!

Stumbled upon this a few weeks ago... haven’t heard anyone talk about it yet

Dirty30 Dillon /

I doubt we will see a custom, even short-run production of an E50 case mostly due to the sheer amount of reverse engineering involved, let alone the production costs.

And in the end, you have a single speed transmission that excepts a scooter cylinder? When there are other options available to put the same kits on bikes that already have a CVT?

For a one-off fabricator, totally doable and acceptable. But no one is going to make them for sale. Even look at aftermarket Vespa cases? People don't wanna spend the $600 for a bottom end, let alone the $1k+ it would be for custom cases.

campeona del mundo /

mold and tooling costs along with the production volume necessary to bring these down to a price point that cheap ass moppeders will actually buy is the issue.

Wesley Ambrosini /

Kinda a bummer since peugeot 103 polini / bidalot cases are like $300. I know there isn't anything to them but it's a bummer none the less.

This site Never disappoints me,

SWANKY.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account