Stock exhaust on a 70cc airsal magnum???

I have a question, might sound dumb but that’s fine.

Can I put a stock pipe on my 70cc magnum with a mikuni vm28 carb?

I’ve tried a biturbo and boss and it’s just so fucking loud that I really don’t care about going fast anymore I just don’t wanna be obnoxious lol.

My question is basically: will it work? And will it hurt the engine at all?

Thank you :)

P.S. I know most of the noise is probably coming from the intake but many filter/air box applications haven’t helped much.

Re: Stock exhaust on a 70cc airsal magnum???

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Techno estroil side bleed.

Quiet and fast.

I’ve only heard good things, but I can’t find one for sale anywhere. Plus I have a stock pipe laying around

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Angle or straight exhaust?

Straight

Uh, vm28?

Idk that might be wrong. It’s a mikuni carb with a choke lever on it

Tho Znuts,

I imagine it took longer to post this question than it would to swap the pipe and find out.

Nothing wrong with asking first, just saying that experimenting is sometimes the easiest option.

A 28mm carb on a stock pipe setup would be like watering a potted plant with a fire hose. So, if it doesn’t run well, don’t be surprised. 14mm would be plenty.

I’m curious about where you live that a Boss /Biturbo are too loud? Or if you’re just sensitive to noise? When I ride longer distances, I wear noise filter ear plugs and a full face helmet. I’m fine in that padded room and not hanging around other folks long enough to be annoying. Different story if you’re doing laps around the block all day long with nothing on.

I agree with papa.... wear proper protective equipment and the sound should not be too much for you. And tell those dumb neighbors to shut up unless they want you to start working on your bike at 6am.

But to answer your question. If it is a stock magnum pipe, it would only restrict you. There are aftermarket "stock" pipes that are quiet and still better performance. Treats sells them. They usually have a 28mm header to match up to a kit like yours.

MLM sidebleeds are great too, if estorils are out of stock.

you might start a thread on how to make you PUch quiet. Maybe a double layered shampoo box, or that chunky vespa one on treats, two baffles and exhaust wrap.

techno boss is a really loud pipe. Side bleed pipes are quieter, but you can always buy baffling material and add it in the baffle.

the other source of noise is your giant airboxless carburetor. Pat Splat ggspeed

is spot on there.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account