first moped and mostly rebuilt 1980 fantic pepi sport?

not sure if this is the right place.

this is my first moped and first time rebuilding one.

i got the moped a couple of weeks ago for 300$.

it was off Craigslist and listed as a concord shadow, but the frame tag list it as a fantic pepi 25 sp & sl . so i assume its a pepi sport from what i was able to find out.

how i got it,

minarelli v1 with a polini kit and sha 16.16 carb non-knock off.

no name pipe that broke off(was wire tired in the rear.

brakes shot , and all controls destroyed.

motor was a mess. i had to cut the studs to even remove the head they were some how frozen to the head. i had to use a 20 ton shop press to press the piston out of the cylinder. the piston head and cylinder i threw out because they were so far gone. after splitting the case i found pitting on the crank right on the seal surface, i might turn and sleeve or just replace later on. i bought a kick start motor from treatland and polini kit. basicaly swapped head on and motor fired up with a random pocket bike carb sha 14 knock off came with a pancake muffler. kick start mech internal return setup is trashed, ill need to machine and weld it to fully repair but it works, i might make a billet clutch cover. still trying to get the sha 16.16 carb to work got recommend jets 80/82 but idles way way way to high.

i knew i wanted to convert this to disk brakes. so i started on the front, i bought a set of amazon mx forks, rims, tire. i turned adapters and pressed them into the frame.

ordered a bunch of small bits from treatland some tires,tubes,headlight setup etc.

got a hand rear disk caliper setup and a foot brake not sure which one ill use.

i need to make a box for the pietcard cdi setup and oil storage for fill ups.

make adapter for rear disk, mount head light, lower pegs i tempt mounted , cut off all tabs not being used. hide cables and wiring in frame. etc basically the finishing touches. new exhaust, custom seat, paint.

how it sits now. been riding it dirty lol.

(edited)

Re: first moped and mostly rebuilt fantic pepi sport?

not sure if photos will show so attaching a different way

howitcame.png
cups.png
index.png

more pics

tt.png
nomotor.png
hdr.png

how it sits now.

leftside.png
rside.png

Re: first moped and mostly rebuilt 1980 fantic pepi sport?

Very nice! Respect for figuring out the whole "post 3 pictures and then make another comment posting 3 more" a lot of people don't get that haha

thanks ? lol.

im new so still feeling out the group here. i'm used to being able to post one really long build post from my gun smith groups and general machinist groups.

wish i could find some blue prints for the minarelli v1 so i can make billet parts for it.

> ben towle Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> thanks ? lol.

>

> im new so still feeling out the group here. i'm used to being able to

> post one really long build post from my gun smith groups and general

> machinist groups.

>

> wish i could find some blue prints for the minarelli v1 so i can make

> billet parts for it.

Someone has taken some scans of the cases I'm sure. What kind of parts did you want to make?

Terbo Speghetti /

Fuck Amazon and fuck your guns. Nice moped tho

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> Someone has taken some scans of the cases I'm sure. What kind of parts

> did you want to make?

im a r&d machinist by trade and i also help run a maker space metal shop, i went to school for welding first.

to fully repair the kick start mech i would have to weld one of the internal mounting bosses for the kick start plate back to the clutch cover and need to make the full plate that has the curved slot that limits the kick start arm travel.( sorry for lack of technical terms).

i could make most of the motor from scratch if i took the time to measure and model every thing.

i wanna make a billet clutch cover just because it would look cool and be way easier then trying to weld it. i used to weld cast oil pans for old imports, and modding intakes for rx7s, cast aluminum sucks to weld plus cast aluminum absorbs oil making it even worse. ill be making some more parts for this any way like the rear disc setup. (edited)

Ben, im a retired machinist by trade. look up M.O.A. Maximum in your gun bible. i used to make them. guns and mopeds...

> ID OD Wrote:

> Ben, im a retired machinist by trade. look up M.O.A. Maximum in your gun

> bible. i used to make them. guns and mopeds...

thats pretty cool i mostly rebuild stuff from ww2 and cold war. plus stuff i make from random parts lol.

im debating reusing the stock forks to save weight now lol.

i took it for a spin, with no real tuning it halls fast enough for me , for now....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account