EBR lower race spring thingy

Terbo Speghetti /

Where is this supposed to go?

Do I press the lower race onto it?

Or just slip it into the top of the lower race like in the second pic?

It's got a longer and shorter side, is there a reason for that?

Thanks for helping with bb's first EBR install.

16030397129683753461203859296376.jpg
16030398875897402017407065663682.jpg

Re: EBR lower race spring thingy

i belive those are for the cups inside the frame. if the fit is lose between the head stock tube and cups

Terbo Speghetti /

Hm. That's the way it came on the triple tree, and that lower race is real floppy without it. You might be right tho, I dunno

from treatland

"hey there for all you mopers thinking this was just some piece of trash and threw it away, now you find your forks are loose. and rattle around and smash when you stop. well" kinda wish they had motor photos showing things in use.

You hammer the lower race over the shim

Terbo Speghetti /

Thanks! That's what I thought. Not easy tho, I tried with a PVC pipe and it was too soft to get the job done

An old seat post works pretty good for me

This is the hardest part of fork replacement for me every time. I put the shim on the tube, chamfer it with a Dremel, cover it in lithium grease, drop the lower race over it, then use the seat post and a hammer to force the race down over it.

Terbo Speghetti /

I literally just finished a couple minutes ago, and you're right, it's no joke. Took my biggest hammer and a piece of blk pipe I had laying around

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account