2020 Detroit Moped Works Design Contest

2020 Detroit Moped Works Design Contest

We are looking to expand our line of apparel, decals, and other merch!

With so many talented customers, moped enthusiasts, and Detroiters in our circle, we’re reaching out to the community for ideas. Pretty much any style or medium is fair game as we can do screen printing, direct to garment (DTG) printing, embroidery, or vinyl.

Submit your designs below by Monday, December 14th, 2020. Winner will be announced soon after.

Grand Prize

$500 DMW Dollars (or $300 cash)

The designer of our favorite graphic will get $500 DMW Dollars that can be used on all in stock merchandise (or $300 paper cash dollars).

The winning design will be printed on our apparel (and possibly other merch!) and the winner will be credited by name for as long as the design is being produced.

The winner will be featured on detroitmopedworks.com and our social media to spotlight the artist and their projects.

Runner-up

$100 DMW Dollars

If your design is not our favorite but we still would like to put it on a shirt, you’ll receive $100 in DMW Dollars to be used at Detroit Moped Works.

Full Rules & Submission Info Here

Re: 2020 Detroit Moped Works Design Contest

Me likey. Time for some fun.

Bump - Extended till the end of the year - Bump

Updated details here - https://detroitmopedworks.com/2020-detroit-moped-works-design-contest/

Oh man I forgot about this, man I had two good design ideas but none of the skills to make them clean enough to print. I'll send you a napkin sketch and you can have them free and use the money to have a real artist fix them?

All about it. Do it! Thanks!

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh man I forgot about this, man I had two good design ideas but none of

> the skills to make them clean enough to print. I'll send you a napkin

> sketch and you can have them free and use the money to have a real

> artist fix them?

Aw yeah! Thanks for bumping this. I forgot about it. Actually got something together and submitted!

Steven Whitright /

submitted one as well... there wasn't a form field to say this so i'll say here -> FYI that's a draft... would make some quick refinements if it was something ya'll were feelin'.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I am a big picture guy, and then delegate so here is my idea. Someone make this a reality and you can submit with my full permission and blessing. (I want nothing)

Start with a full silhouette background of Detroit skyline.

Superimposed on it the "evolution of man" pictures but with a Detroit theme. First a person on a horse drawn wagon, then in a Model T, then in a 57 Chevy, then a Pinto or some other shitbox, then a Puch Maxi, the epitome of evolution of the human race. Add the diamond logo top left near the heart.

Someone with graphic skills make this happen!

OUR WESBITE IS DOWN AND WE ARE NOT RECEIVING EMAILS

New Year – New Ideas – Right!?!?.. sort of…

The exciting news is that we are moving the website to a new template that is cleaner, more modern, and more e-commerce friendly. This comes with moving the website to a faster server and a more advanced email system on the back end.

The bad news is that we are having a “hiccup” of sorts making it all happen. Our website is down completely for the moment and it looks like we lost 36 hours of incoming emails around new years and any since 3:00pm yesterday. This means we lost anything submitted on our website forms; including a chunk of submissions for the 2020 Detroit Moped Works Design Contest.

So IF YOU SUBMITTED A DESIGN CONTEST ENTRY 12/31/20-1/1/21 WE DIDN’T GET IT. Super lame, we know. Please submit directly vial email to our super-secret backup email: detroitmopedworks@gmail.com

Also – If you didn’t submit in time, here is our freebie – submit now, lie and say you submitted during the down time – we’ll never know lol.

Also Also – FB DM is the best way to reach out at the moment for anything, but emailing detroitmopedworks@gmail.com also works.

We’ll post again when we get this all sorted. Thanks for your patience.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account