Re: My Peugeot Wet Dream

For reference, the Malossi part number for an SPX/RCX belt is 61 7220

That 617220 works pretty perfect with the stock spx variator, but with a 90mm like an er3 it gets danger close to the clutch pulley. I might try shimming the hub to get the belt to drop in a little further, I think that might be my problem since the spx belt is a little wider.

Mitchell Hoover /

Dillion, yea kinda whack, but the belt is perfect

Mitchell Hoover /

Jbot, thank you and good advice, I was thinking of something similar. Ive had both experiences on my mvt pipe, that thing was glass. It cracked 4 times before I gave up on it.

Mitchell Hoover /

Daniel, do you get full variation with your belt and vario setup? The malossi belt for the spx really only is worth it if you have a stock vario or similar. The belt im using is a bit longer and should allow me to fully variate safely, maybe give it a shot?

I haven’t taken it on a stretch of road long enough to get out there all the way, though on the stand it goes to the end, when I shim it I may turn the moving cheek down instead depending on what the threads look like with a spacer. The stock spring is pretty whacky and gets really stiff at the end and the shorter belt has it extra preloaded. I have is set up with 10x52 so top speed probably in the mid to low 50s. Planning on running slicks and tracking this old bird, needs a lot of work still though. (edited)

25E93090-FB95-4082-9269-A7D35E817C67.jpeg

Mitchell Hoover /

Looking beautiful! Maybe get the doppler spring? I dont have complaints on the spx one yet? Though I haven’t even broken in the engine yet

Mitchell Hoover /

EBR’s came today, clip on bars too as well as a lonely piston :( I love the cool little surprises. thanks Treats! :)))

F0578908-0C06-43B8-B423-1F353B71BF00.jpeg
15153BFC-D5B5-4719-944A-9F58AF3FBA6F.jpeg

Mitchell Hoover /

Tonight, I cut up the fiberglass to fit the ebrs, I also fitted the clip ons. The mlm clip ons were way too thiccc. So I had to shave them down with an angle grinder to get the controls to fit.

F2F7FF82-FD7F-46CF-9C52-F0C6F99FB3AB.jpeg
20A6BF8A-B2EC-4F5D-BE2F-D82B89D74019.jpeg
0587FA14-88D9-4C80-8DC0-48BC15B62F3A.jpeg

Mitchell Hoover /

Pics featuring the Cressidaaaa

51B5085B-8E14-45E2-A462-675BFC561101.jpeg
B9238E27-84EC-46D0-8B22-06A427C3777E.jpeg

Looking good!

Just realized you put the head tube through the fairing. Is that a MVR Fairing or just something that approximately fits?

holy shit this thread delivers, way better than expected

Mitchell Hoover /

Hey Lee, its not an MVR part. Im told its for a Motobecane, but beggars cant be choosers. I didn’t know what I was doing when I mounted the thing, I just made the location of it on the bike to fit me so im comfortable.

Mitchell Hoover /

Thank ya will!

Yeah this thread delivers. Even got to see a sweet silver cressida. One of my favorite cars I owned for too little time. Some nice luxury for what they were.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account